This person will be responsible for executing, administrating and analyzing the deployment of Grainger's product list pricing strategies and tactics. Working under the Manager of List Pricing, this role conducts detailed pricing and financial analysis; driving the execution and implementation of list pricing strategies and decisions. The individual will need to work in close collaboration with the other parts of the organization including product management, sales, services, finance, and sales support. Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Responsible for updating Open-Web and List Catalog Pricing.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand their catalog items as it relates to helping define and implement their pricing strategy. Provide guidance and recommended prices for each catalog price update.
- Enhance and develop pricing models that analyze and determine pricing strategies and opportunities for their aligned product management product teams.
- Responsible for managing pricing for new items and following workflow and audit process.
- Check for accuracy on competitive data
- Identify opportunities to price Grainger Private Brand vs. National branded items (Switch & Save)
- Assist in managing Key Value Items (KVIs) on Open-Web as well as List pricing.
- Perform Data Cleanup that includes; item relationships, Private vs. Branded links, size relationships, item attributes, etc.
- Develop and execute internal as well as field communications regarding price changes and corresponding impacts. Provide pricing-related input on product & corporate strategy decisions.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and requests from Product Management regarding price reviews or changes.
- Responsible for assisting in the design and implementation of various pricing tests that are used to inform go-forward pricing strategies.
- Integrate post analysis findings into List Pricing updates.
- Bachelor's degree required, 3-5 years experience in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Sales, supply chain or equivalent experience, MBA preferred.
- Experience in Pricing & Revenue Management (Retail or B2B)
- Ability to manage change, influence and negotiate with others in order to reach stated objectives. Proven relationship-building skills to get desired results.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industrial supply industry and/or Grainger strategies including customer requirements, Supply Chain strategies, product information strategies and marketing strategies is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working across business functions i.e. Sales, Finance, Marketing, Customer Service
- Experience in developing financial analysis and implementing changes based upon analysis.
- Solid leader and self-motivated with proven ability to establish and sustain strong internal customer relationships and external customer knowledge and effectively balance customer needs with those of the business.
- Excellent communication and business writing skills. Ability to determine the appropriate amount of detail gained in research in order to present findings in an accurate, methodical, and concise manner.
- Good financial and analytical skills. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with information systems, including SQL, Teradata, SAP, and Microsoft Office applications Excel and Access.
- The Sr. Pricing Analyst reports to the Manager of List Pricing
- Internally, this position will have strong working relationships across Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain and Customer Service in particular.
- Externally, this position may work with customers, industry experts, trade associations, suppliers, and consultants to identify, understand, and apply emerging trends, practices and concepts.
- Lake Forest , IL office based
This role executes a broad base of Pricing operational processes by maintaining, validating, updating and ensuring accuracy and consistency of information. This role is critical within the organization to ensure the pursuit of relentless process improvement and obtain breakthrough results in our pricing processes as well and drive pricing analytics to increase gross margin. Recommendations made by the Sr. Pricing Analysts result in higher gross margins and greater earnings per share. Lastly, this role has a direct impact on mitigating risk for the corporation (ex. Insurance/Contracts/Government Reporting/Sarbanes Oxley Testing/Pricing compliance/auditing).Dimensions:
- Responsible for managing open-web and catalog pricing for up to 1.5M items
- Results measured by sales, gross margins, as well as overall market share growth within the various sectors of our business.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.