Responsibilities - This is more of a true Data Center Engineer role as part of the Advanced Engineering (AE) team within Charter. The set of services to be provided include engineering and implementation of new solutions in the AE Lab or help architects to POC new technologies. Candidates must bring strong knowledge and experience with Datacenter Networking, Virtualization, NFV, Linux and Application delivery platforms such as Load balancers and GSLB including F5 and A10 load balancers and Network Virtualization. Candidates will work with application owners to identify system components and to document data flows between systems as well as between network boundaries. Candidates will be responsible for writing or updating build documents, design documents, deployment checklists, etc. Candidates must leverage a strong understanding of VRF, VLAN, VXLAN, port channel, NFV, stateful firewalls, UCS, Yang/Netconf. Familiarity with Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA or F5 AFM firewalls is a plus as is any experience with OpenStack or Python. Candidates will attend status meetings, report status, and attend other required project meetings such as lessons learned meetings. Required Attributes for Data Center Network Engineer:
RequirementsEducationMasters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience:
- Solid Data Center architectural design and hands-on engineering experience
- Solid knowledge of and experience Virtualization Networking, NFV, Cloud networking and Linux.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with BGP and ISIS.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the implementation of Cisco Nexus data center switches, including the latest designs trends such as Leaf and Spine and …
- Strong understanding of DevOPS, Linux, Datacenter Routing and Switching.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Network and Security infrastructure such as Firewalls, Network Load balancing and Proxy devices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Storage Networking.
- Design, testing, and implementation of the datacenter network service to partition the data-center edge from the data-center core in partnership with the Network Security Engineer.
- Experience with strategic architecture and roadmap development (1-year and 3-year datacenter network outlook)
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and standards, including DNS, REST, SSL/TLS, HTTP, NETCONF, Open Config, and YANG
- Strong knowledge of 1 or more Cloud automation stacks (VMware SDDC, OpenStack, CloudStack, etc.)
- Strong written and documentation skills.
- Experience with compute and storage is a plus
- Experience with SDN technologies, ODL and Tail-F
- Experience with remote access and wireless technologies is a plus
- Strong documentation and Visio design diagram skills
- Strong customer-interface and polished/professional communications and presentation skills
- Service Provider Experience is a plus
- Extensive industry accomplishments. Involvement with IETF, IEEE or open projects.
- A deep understanding of Network and NFV technologies
- Proven success record of working with internet organizations to set industry direction
- 16+ years of experience working with Cisco Nexus class of switches
- 16+ years of experience designing and implementing Virtualized Networking and UCS.
- 7+ years of experience working with Cisco routers and switches
- 4+ years of experience working with F5 or A10 load balancer
EducationIndustry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)WORKING CONDITIONS
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Datacenter or Routing and Switching certification preferred, not required
- Knowledge of company products and services