Summary:We are seeking a NFV and Cloud Architect with a broad technical background and well-developed business acumen to help us develop our next generation cloud platforms. Our team is driving innovation and our fingerprint is all over the industry. Come join us!Job Description:The NFV/Cloud Architect will deliver the compute-centric NFV, cloud based platforms and technologies that power the Charter NextGen Datacenter and provide solutions to accelerate development of cloud-based products and services. The successful candidate should have expert knowledge of IaaS (VMWare and Openstack), and emerging container and orchestration technologies. Our growth rates are exponential and we support millions of customers. You will be a part of the Network Datacenter Architecture team focusing on the strategic technology evolution across our organization specifically with virtualized network functions. As part of this team, you will lead the overall deployment, designing and feature roadmap for our SDN, NFV, and VNF solutions. You will have a positive impact on our organization and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Work with various Charter Network and Application Planning teams (who are Virtual Network Function owners) from various business units to develop VNF and Service Descriptors to onboard and lifecycle manage the VNFs on Charter NFV Cloud platform
- Build a catalog of operationally ready VNFs and Services to an operational ready state using automated Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery toolchain.
- Assist in a gap analysis of Orchestration and CI/CD toolchain with a goal of creating a stable repeatable platform that can be integrated with customer facing portals as well as VNF vendors.
- Develop Charter next-gen NFV cloud platforms, Container as a Service (Docker, Kubernetes, others), Openstack, and VMWare vSphere.
- Create automation, employ open source software, interact with API's, and enable CI/CD to create new cloud features, harvest/visualize metrics, monitor health/performance/capacity, etc.
- Partner with product and development teams to provide education and design consultation.
EducationMasters or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or related work experienceRelated Work Experience:
- Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Experience and understanding of SDN and NFV technologies.
- Experience and understanding of Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
- Experience in Linux system administration (RedHat//Debian/BSD).
- Experience in designing virtualized compute environments like VMware, Openstack, etc.
- Knowledge of storage technologies including file, object, and block.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Development experience with Cloud Platform, Orchestration or VNF Manager in product planning and design within a start-up or larger organization.
- Detailed understanding of OpenStack based Cloud Platforms.
- Detailed understanding of NFV and SDN products, technologies, architectures, and vendors.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Hands-on development experience in a majority of the following areas:
- OpenStack CLI commands and administration.
- Linux/Unix scripting especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls (iptables), DNS, VPNs.
- Programming aptitude in at least one of Python, Java, GO, Ruby, PHP.
- API development based on JSON, XML.
- Experience with large scale zero touch server provisioning.
- Experience with markup languages such as YAML.
- Experience with Heat template and OVF based VNF descriptors.
- Experience onboarding VNFs on to NFV Orchestrators.
- Experience with deployment or use of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Familiarity with network device configuration and management (Juniper, Cisco) with NetConf network configuration protocol and YANG data model.
- Experience with Cisco, Arista, or Juniper switches and routers, Palo Alto or SRX firewalls, F5 and A10 load balancers.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, effective working independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to adjust the messaging based on the audience.
- Extensive industry accomplishments. Involvement with IETF, IEEE or open projects.
- A deep understanding of Network and NFV technologies
- Proven success record of working with internet organizations to set industry direction
- 16+ years of experience working with Cisco Nexus class of switches
- 16+ years of experience designing and implementing Virtualized Networking and UCS.
- 7+ years of experience working with Cisco routers and switches
- 7+ years of experience working with F5 or A10 load balancer
EducationIndustry and vendor specific certifications and training preferred (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc)WORKING CONDITIONS
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Datacenter or Routing and Switching certification preferred, not required
- Knowledge of company products and services
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.