Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice. Profile Summary:
Provide local and regional technical support for Simsci products as part of a regional support center. This role troubleshoots complex software issues, reproduces (as necessary) problems customers are experiencing, investigates and proposes workarounds, and interfaces with Development to obtain solutions. This is a customer-facing role, responding to inquiries coming in via telephone, email, and Internet in a timely and friendly manner.
Document support issues and product defects in tracking tools, ensuring all steps needed to replicate the problem are well documented.
Provide quick turnaround to customers for issues reported, by priority.
Provide excellent customer service to increase customer service satisfaction rating per the Customer First program.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities
• Coverage of and response to live inbound telephone calls
• Technical troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnosis of issues
• Issue replication / duplication
• Research into workarounds and solutions • Documentation of activities and findings in a case tracking tool
• Maintain product knowledge and proficiency
• Knowledge transfer via technical documentation such as Tech Notes, WebEx's, Articles, White Papers, Knowledge Objects
• Position will require some travel to receive or to provide training, to visit a customer site for troubleshooting purposes or to attend meetings/conferences
• Position will involve performing customer training
Primary interfaces are both external and internal
The position interfaces to the following groups primarily:
• (External component): End-user customers
• (Internal component): Research & Development (R &D), Projects/Delivery, Product Management, Sales, and other Global Customer Support team members Qualifications: Required Education and/or Experience:
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering or higher
• Eight to ten years process engineering experience
• Process simulation and/or optimization experience
• Customer service experience
• Instruction/training experience
• Process simulation experience with Simsci products Supervision:
• Requires little to no supervision
• Demonstrates natural leadership abilities
• Displays the abilities to stimulate and develop the talents of others Language Skills:
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills. Other languages a plus
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers Other Skills and Abilities:
• Ability and willingness to travel 5%-15% of the time
• PC literate with thorough knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to present and communicate technical issues to customers
• Ability to avoid customer confrontation and problems in difficult situations Technical Skills:
• Applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
• Attains results, regardless of task level W ork Environment:
• Works well under the pressure of multiple demands
• Ability to interface and communicate with persons of many different personalities and cultures
• Good prioritization and goal setting skillsKnowledge
Having wide-ranging engineering experience, including process simulation experience. Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Job Complexity
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise. R equired Skills, Education, and Experience Importance
Desired Skills, Education, and Experience Importance
- 3 years prior experience performing technical support work High
- 5 years prior experience performing process simulation work High
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering High
- Spoken/Written English High
- Valid passport & ability to travel internationally on short notice Medium
- Instructing multi-day training course High
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.