Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most. Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This job offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute in the design, development and life cycle management of Baxter's home dialysis systems.
You will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing home dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid technical abilities, project management abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage technical execution of one or more large sustaining projects within Renal Home Therapies PD Therapy team
- Lead and drive the resources assigned to project to meet or exceed project targets in schedule, budget, resource management
- Primary point of contact for the project deliverables and interface cross-functional teams, Lead System Designer, Subject Matter Experts, Functional Managers, Project Management and Senior Management
- Responsible for guiding cross-functional teams through design change control processes with responsibility for translating project objectives to an execution level
- Directs teams in the determination of acceptability of correction, corrective and preventative actions by considering impacts on performance, costs, impact on fielded product, manufacturing, ease of implementation, serviceability, regulatory, time limitations and other economic factors
- Anticipates potential conflict situations and proactively proposes solutions and resolves conflict situations, project bottlenecks as they arise, & negotiating effectively with project teams, Lead System Designer and cross-functional team to result in win-win outcomes
- Prepares project reports, analyses and delivers presentations to Renal Home Therapy leadership on a bi-weekly basis and senior management monthly
- Coaches team members to ensure process adherence and effective project management, utilizing best practice project management skills, as well as framing and resolving issues through the product development process and other best practices
- Facilitates communication within assigned resources for execution tasks
- Leads schedule meetings, develops and manages agenda, creates minutes and follow up action items
- Participates and assist in continuous improvement initiatives
- Provides feedback to functional department heads during strategic planning and the performance management process
- Actively identifies and manage risks and issues through problem avoidance, contingency plans and proper escalation
A BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Biomedical engineering with 8 years of experience.
Experience should include at least 8 years of relevant technical experience, and at least 3 years of project management/execution experience. Prior experience in kidney dialysis a plus.
Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills.
Have a proven track record of project leadership effectiveness in a fast paced environment.
Understanding of and adherence to FDA, ISO and IEC design control procedures, regulations and standards.
Previous experience with leading complaint investigations, root cause investigations and CAPA projects desired.
#LI-AS1 Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.