What you will do:
Lead other engineers to design and develop software/firmware for industry-leading physical access
control products. How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Hands-on contributions to both feature development and field support.
- Technical quality assurance (before, during and after development). This includes providing the direction for code development quality, performing analyses of the performance of the software within the given hardware platforms, insuring the adequate testing of the product within Quality Assurance and monitoring/troubleshooting performance and defects in the field.
- Drive both improvement and innovation of the Products.
- At least 3 years of hands-on team-leading experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering, with significant experience in C++ software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- Strong behavioral skills including the ability to lead team by example, negotiate technical consensus for both design and implementation, rally the team to achieve quality deliveries on time.
- Experience with Linux tools like buildroot, Yocto and Linux distro Debian/Ubuntu are strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and development experience of control devices, preferable Physical Access Control devices.
- Strong knowledge and development experience of Object Oriented ANSI C++ development on Linux and RTOS.
- Strong knowledge of ARM Cortex and x86 based firmware development.
- Strong communication skills including the development of Storyboards, Functional Specifications and presentations.
- Development experience with TLS/SSL , stunnel and other cyber security technology is strongly preferred.
- Full stack experience from web/GUI to drivers and i/o (GPIO, UART, serial interface and etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with BVT testing of control devices is preferred.
- Experience with voice/intercom over serial connection (RS485) and IP connection (SIP) is preferred.
- Experience with leading remote team is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with IPv6 protocol implementation and debug is a plus .
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law . If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .