Do you want be part of a small, high-performance team that is spearheading the mission to relentlessly protect Norton users from the bad guys?
Join the next phase of the journey of an exciting new product that is extending Norton Security to all connected devices in the consumer homes, around the globe. We are on a mission to protect every thing connected. As the world goes from connected computers to mobile to anything & everything connected, there is no challenge bigger than securing those devices and securing the device owner's privacy and security.
Come and be part of a team that is empowered for ownership. A team that functions with complete autonomy to find creative, bold & innovative solutions to some of the most complex problems in the networking, security & IoT space.
We are looking for sharp, passionate & experienced Embedded Applications engineers with solid technical skills. These engineers will work with a team of world-class security experts to secure the connected consumer homes. Must-have:
Nice to have skills:
- Deep understanding of Linux OS internals
- Solid experience with embedded Linux development, multi-threaded systems and Inter process communication.
- Excellent understanding of ARP, Ethernet, IPv4, TCP, UDP, DNS, HTTP and HTTPS
- Solid understanding of the network stack and protocols
- Seasoned developer writing secure C/C++ code
- Experience with cross-compilation toolchain, debugging, performance profiling, benchmarking, tuning and gdb expertise
- Experience building a full Linux firmware from source
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, ARM, JTAG, NAND.
- Knowledge of IPv6
- Ability & interest in reading & contributing to an RFC
- Ability to understand new networking protocols
- Contributing to and managing open source projects
- Building distributed systems containing Event Bus, manage sync with Cloud-based backend systems
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of Training & Experience with 10+ years of related work experience.
- Strong data structure and algorithm fundamentals.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal).
- Get it done mindset
- Attention to detail
- Appreciate and enforce code hygiene and overall great quality
- Willingness to learn (and unlearn)
- Accept new challenges and be a positive influence on the team
- Infectious energy
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.