Tyco Retail Solutions is looking for a Sr. Principal Performance Engineer to build complex business scenarios running against a test environment that spans multiple tiers and devices, including:
• EAP JBOSS Application Server
• WildFly App Server - Reporting Tier
• WildFly App Server - Cycle Count Tier
• MS SQL Server 2012/2014
• Flex over Internet Explorer
• Flex over FireFox
• iOS Devices (iPad, iPod, iPhone)
• RFID Mobile Hand Held (Motorola MC 3190Z)
• Traffic Sensors (Brickstream)
• Theft Detection Pedestals (Sensormatic)
Performance Tests will consist of determining the optimum load that can be processed as well as the maximum load at which the system becomes unusable. Endurance tests are a critical aspect of the performance engineering role as they will help determine where key components are failing due to system capacity, queue backups, thread pool limitations, errant processes, or memory leaks.
All tests will be run with HP LoadRunner version 12(or higher) using the Web 2.0 protocol bundle (Webservices, HTML/HTTP, TrueClient IE, TrueClient FF, Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML, Flex etc.).
It is expected that the successful candidate will be able to use HP SiteScope to measure and determine bottlenecks with each tier, device, server and provide this feedback in a highly organized PowerPoint Slide deck which can be reviewed by business stakeholders and development alike for corrective action.
• Acquire Domain Business knowledge of the software application under test with minimum guidance
• Ability to configure all LoadRunner servers as well as all software application servers under test
• Manage all servers using corporate best practices
• Highly proficient in writing up test runs into non-technical reports (PowerPoint, Visio, Word)
• Ability to work with business stakeholders, external clients, Dev team, QA team and generate all use cases for presentation to management for final approval and signoff
• Translating the use cases into a technical LoadRunner design including: objective, business scenarios, ramp up rate, ramp down rate, rendezvous points, and all environmental preconditions before running the cases
• Developing LoadRunner scripts that capture all key metrics and generate meaningful reports which show progress build over build, run over run and indicate a trend line indicating overall performance of the feature over time.
• Correlating all performance counters against all LoadRunner scripts and determining the source of all bottlenecks and chokepoints in the system
• Ensuring that all transactions processed during a test run are processed correctly without any errors, and if errors occur, documenting the issue in a bug tracking system and working with DEV to correct the deficiency
• For all client based tests, using an automation Tool, such as TestComplete to measure the actual client experience when rendering web pages or iOS screens, to guarantee that the LoadRunner results are accurate and complete
• Ability to troubleshoot issues with LoadRunner and work directly with HP Technical support to solve those issues
• Must be able to work in a fast paced, highly entrepreneurial environment and respond rapidly to stakeholder and customer concerns
• 7 years programming in an established language such as Java, C#, or VB
• 3 years open source performance tool development (Apache JMeter, WebLoad, OpenSTA)
• 2 years building test harnesses and test stubs when to facilitate performance testing
• 5 -7 years programming in ANSI C
• 5-7 years writing SQL Queries
• 5-7 years working with, HP Load Runner(VuGen, Controller, Agent Process, Analysis), HP Sitescope
• 5-7 years writing complex business scenarios with LoadRunner using multiple protocols and having multiple scripts executing simultaneously3-7 Years tuning Application Servers, database servers and provide other performance improvement recommendations.
• 3-5 years working with the setup of: SQL servers, Windows Servers, JBOSS, TCP/IP, DHCP
Mix of Daily Activities
• 10% - Test Environment Setup: Setting up and configuring application servers, windows servers, load balancers, database servers and then configuring and installing the TrueVUE application across all boxes
• 5% - Toolset Administration and Documentation: Administering all Performance Test tools, Test Scripts and documentation and warehousing the repository in SVN. All standards must be documented and approved by management. All issues with tools must be directly escalated to the support vendors and resolved.
• 10% - Defining Use Cases: Developing use cases which specifically cover the business transactions which will require both stakeholder and customer acceptance and formal signoff
• 35% - Scripting Performance and Endurance Test Suite: All test suites must have a design document which will be approved by our stakeholders. All scripts, test harnesses, stubs, and other code generated will be vetted and reviewed by both the DEV and QA team
• 20% - Documenting Test Results: All test results will be presented in a non-technical manner to our clients in a PowerPoint document. All build over build trends, trend lines, and issues will cause the appropriate bug reports and subsequent analysis to take place to ensure that all issues are cured.
• 20% - Root Cause Analysis: All forms of performance degradation on the server, memory, hard disk, virtual memory, process threads, database, or application, must be analyzed and a root cause must be determined which will be provided to the development team to determine the proper way to remediate the situation.
B.A. in Computing Science, B.A. in Engineering, or related degree
10 Years experience in Quality Assurance at an individual contributor or greater level
5 - 7 years experience managing Software and/or Quality Assurance Teams
5 Years managing teams of 3-5 individuals which includes mentoring, training and growing team members
2 Years managing teams in multiple geographies and time zones
3 Years of programming experience: java, C# are preferred
3 Years managing designing and developing code for automation frameworks and developing coding standards
3 Years of analyzing, documenting and developing use cases and alternative test architectures for a wide variety of enterprise software and hardware operating on disparate platforms
Tyco is an EEO/AA/Veteran/Disabled Employer
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.