Oracle Applications Labs (OAL) runs the Oracle software that runs Oracle. OAL is responsible for implementing, running, and improving nearly all of Oracle's Enterprise On-Premise and Cloud Applications. We use Oracle's business requirements as a "test bed" for innovation. We often are ahead of the standard product roadmap and build extensions and custom applications to meet the needs of our 120,000-employee, Fortune 100 Company. Once proven, our ideas and innovations quickly find their way back into the core product. We also ensure that Oracle is always Oracle's best reference for our enterprise applications.
Are you looking to make an impact and help drive change from within at one of the largest software development organizations in the world? Come join us at Oracle where we're creating business critical applications for Oracle's Cloud business!!
We are looking for a stellar software engineer with strong technical skills to be part of the OAL Cloud Framework Development team. In this role, you will be responsible for architecting and leading the development of complex business applications to support and drive Oracle's Cloud business. We are looking for a self-starter who is challenged by complex business problems and thrives in an agile environment.
• Brainstorm new product concepts, apply an agile development process to expose new design possibilities, establish feasibility of concepts with the user community and iterate
• Build new business applications to support Oracle's Cloud initiatives
• Drive architecture for an extensible and scalable framework
• Contribute to OAL's strong drive to lead business transformation through IT innovation
• Drive breakthrough ideas and world-class research into the product development organizations
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• 10 years' experience in Web Development and Design.
• 10 years' experience in SQL and RDBMS.
• 8 years' experience with AJAX, jQuery, RequireJS and/or KnockoutJS.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES:
• Agile Development experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
• Be a learner, able to explore new areas, learn new things, and quickly apply them to solve new problems.
• Strong Business Intelligence and Analytical skills.
• Love of rapid, iterative customer-centric development
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Work with Oracle*s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle*s global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, lead the design, development, modification, debugging, and evaluation programs for extremely complex internal systems. Provide expertise to analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new internal systems. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Provide leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing internal systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of related experience recommended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.