Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Oracle's Hotel products are scalable, modular property and central solutions that encompass front office, back office, CRM, sales and catering, revenue management, reservations, distribution, point-of-sale, and a multitude of other hotel management functions.
Oracle is developing industry leading solutions by using latest and exciting technologies, as a developer this is your chance to work with cool new technologies such as Oracle ADF, JAXB Web Services, Oracle SOA Suite and WebLogic server. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will help designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for key components of the Hotel Product Suites. Job Expectation:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or related. (Ideally in computer science or engineering), or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of designing and developing software applications experience preferred.
- Experience in architect and leading minimum one application using Oracle ADF platform
- Experience in JAXB Web Services and Oracle Database programming including Database design, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience in Oracle SOA and Oracle Service Bus
- Experience in Oracle Webcenter, Oracle Access Manager, Weblogic, is a plus
- Proficiency in J2EE and MVC pattern
- Completion of a minimum of one full life cycle development projects
- Ability to provide technical guidance and supervise lower level personnel
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
- Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes
- Architect, Analyze, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for assigned functional areas of OPERA suits of products and related framework.
- Able to explain software functionality from a user's or customer's perspective. Respond to feature and functionality questions from the various channels, including both internal/external customers and vendors.
- May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
- May provide guidance, assistance, and technical leadership to lower level software engineers on more complex/large projects.
- External interfaces include vendor support, engineering groups, project managers, and occasionally customers.
- Occasionally designs and presents technical presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Fully competent in own area of expertise.
- Interact, liaise, and communicate status updates through development cycles.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.