- You have built a SaaS platform… maybe twice over, distilling your knowledge and evolution to current distributed, stream oriented and event driven computing to process both Fast and Big Data.
- You love metadata, API-first approach and can design elegant interfaces.
- You know when to use CAP vs. ACID and can mix them together in a polyglot stack.
- You give same amount of love to nonfunctional requirements like performance, scalability, reliability, security, manageability and serviceability as compared to the core product features.
- You take pride in your CI CD pipeline with automated tests and code coverage.
- You love DevOps and use metrics to instrument production code.
- You do the heavy lifting, lay down the foundational work and act as a team multiplier.
- You are a generalist, a quick learner and keep yourself abreast with computing trends.
- You are pragmatic, get things done and strike the balance between individual and team work.
- You're smart but you yearn to discuss your ideas with other smart people, and do even greater things.
- You're principled, but fearless and flexible.
- Join a smart, tight-knit incubation and development team focused on Internet Of Things (IoT)
- Use your creativity and expertise to implement performant, scalable and reliable services
- Participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions
- Collaborate closely with product management, architects, front-end developers and QA
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written and whiteboard.
- Intensive, in-depth experience with at least one big data platform (e.g. Storm, Spark, Flink, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, MongoDB)
- Deep experience in the JVM ecosystem
- BS CS EE or equivalent
- Well-read in the relevant distributed systems literature
- Experience with SaaS principles like multi-tenancy, data partitioning, rate limiting is a huge plus.
- Basic familiarity with Python and or C C++
- Experience in one or more functional and or statically typed and or dynamic programming languages (Scala, Java, Groovy, Haskell, Erlang, OCaml, Lisp, etc.) is a HUGE plus.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an exceptional environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.