Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Senior Principal Software Engineer - DCS Architecture
Dell Commerce Services (DCS) builds and operates a global Commerce Platform that powers Dell.com, which receives over 1 billion page views per year, across 150 countries and is Googled more than 1 million times per day. Dell Commerce provides its customers a cohesive branded experience across Consumer, Premier, Solutions, eSupport and Offline Sales. Dell.com is extending the reach of its Commerce Platform to command an extensive variety of applications and solutions that are central to the growth of Dell as a technology and solutions company.
Dell Commerce Services (DCS) is looking to hire a Senior Principal Engineer to be part of their DCS Architecture Team to help drive the technical direction of the Dell Online/Offline retail sales business. Reporting to the Distinguished Engineer of DCS, you will be working with Senior Technical Staff to provide both high and low level technical direction of the organization to the various teams within DCS engineering. Through working with the various development teams, you will be able to demonstrate best-practices to build the best-in-class, large-scale, highly-available, event-based architecture. The idea candidate will have experience at driving new techniques and technologies across development teams and absolutely must be team player.
- Provides strategic direction to the planning, design, and architecture of DCS infrastructure
- Lead design reviews across numerous teams
- Provide technical design, functional, technical and user documentation
- Deep dive into existing codebases to understand designs, issues, and opportunities
- Develop high quality software that leads and inspires others to do similar.
- Lead cross-functional implementations
- Inspire adoption of practices across the organization
- Mentor software developers
- Undergraduate degree in computer science with a minimum of 10 years of software development experience, or a Graduate degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Design and/or development experience of large scale service oriented architecture
- Quick learner with motivation to learn new languages, technologies and frameworks (you will get opportunity to play with a lot of new technologies)
- Experience building customer facing applications deployed on cloud environments (AWS, Azure or similar)
- A good working knowledge of message-driven architecture best practices
- 5+ years' experience with either C# or Java
- Experience mentoring others
- Design and Development experience on either of Mongo, Cassandra, SQLServer, Oracle
- Experience with cloud development
- E-commerce specific industry knowledge and experience in software engineering
Job Family: Information Technology
Job ID: R18024
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.