Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
As a member of the Solutions Development Organization, this position will support the Product Intelligence and Business Development initiatives in identifying, researching, and analyzing various product markets and product distribution opportunities. The position will require having expertise in core product markets as well as new and opportunistic markets and will also work closely with distribution partners.
• Research and build product expertise in non-annuity markets, including markets that focus on retirement accumulation and retirement income and to be able to define and articulate trends driving those markets.
• Serve as a product expert on the annuity market including a strong understanding of our current product suite and the relative positioning of these products against the market place
• Support Business Development by analyzing key distributor trends and usage of current annuity products based on sales data and to be able to present this information in a manner that will help inform positioning opportunities and product related decisions
• Help drive strategic decisions by creating clear and concise business cases for new market and product opportunities through research and analysis on items including market sizing, competitive landscapes, and key distributor needs
• Support Business Development by driving strategic product initiatives through wholesaler advisory group and advisor committees as well as facilitating and coordinating the action plans resulting from these committees
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 53241