At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Product Development Engineer for the Safety and Graphics Business Group (SGBG)/3M Fall Protection Division located in Red Wing, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Sr. Product Development Engineer will be responsible for new product development projects and as well as product engineering support of existing fall protection products. The job will include all aspects of product development and support including, product ideation, design refinement, performance verification, customer acceptance and manufacturing scale-up.Primary Responsibilities
included but are not limited to the following:
- Developing or modifying Fall Protection products utilizing design and engineering skill sets.
- Project management and communication across all business functions and within a global team.
- Maintaining knowledge of Global Fall Protection Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) or more years of industrial product development experience
- Minimum of one (1) or more years of experience with CAD programs
- Bachelor's degree or higher in mechanical engineering from an accredited university
- One (1) or more years industrial experience working at heights
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
: Red Wing, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in non-immigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.