At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Product Development Engineer for the Safety and Graphics Business Group/3M Fall Protection Division located in Red Wing, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
This position will be responsible for new product development projects as well as product engineering support of existing fall protection products. The job will include all aspects of product development and support including, product ideation, design refinement, performance verification, customer acceptance and manufacturing scale-up.Primary Responsibilities
included but are not limited to the following:
- Developing or modifying Fall Protection products utilizing design and engineering skill sets.
- Project management and communication across all business functions and within a global team.
- Maintaining knowledge of Global Fall Protection Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of industrial product development experience
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience with CAD programs
- One (1) or more years industrial experience working at heights
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
: Red Wing, MNTravel:
Up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.