Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued?Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Product Management Manager 2 - Product Manager
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Areas that support the identification and development of the product offerings for the business .Including customer sales growth, developing advanced technical solutions and promoting advanced technology offerings for the business.
* Accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives
* Integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, be involved in long-term planning, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, and contribute to the overall business strategy
* Participates in discussions about the future of the business requiring frequent and thorough interaction with other functions
* Develops the year plan for of the larger unit
* Presents product/program strategies, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior leads (EB and SEB) across GE
* Important business unit clients
* Complex processes requiring involvement of many stakeholders both at the client side and internally
* This position requires senior level experience in the ability to perform Program and Project Management functions, lead Systems Engineering tasks, perform
* Sales/relationship management with senior customer executives and develop technical concepts and capabilities
* Develop leading edge technical solutions for complex customer problems
* Grow the business via robust customer engagements and the uncovering of new opportunities for current and future products and capabilities from across the GE enterprise
* Generate customer proposals, present technical solutions and execute a variety of projects related to Research & Development and New Product Introductions
* Bachelors of Science or equivalent degree from an accredited university or college in a technical field of study
* Minimum of 10 to 15 additional years of experience as a Program /Manager or Technical Lead leading DoD aircraft/weapon system development programs
* Active Top Secret DoD security clearance with the ability to be cleared to higher levels in a timely manner as required
* Technical aptitude in software, hardware and systems engineering
* Experience working DoD advanced/special programs
* Established relationships and experience with aircraft OEM advanced programs business units and US Government labs/agencies (i.e Skunk Works, Phantom Works, DARPA, AFRL, ONR, SOCOM)
* Experience capturing and leading Research & Development programs with US government labs
* Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to be nimble, creative and operate in a highly dynamic environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Masters degree
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
* Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
* Demonstrated ability to capture new business
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
* Established project management skills
* DoD acquisition, maintenance, and/ or flight test experience
* Operational experience in the US military
* Ability to travel up to 40%
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.