Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The FOAMULAR® brand is uniquely positioned to grow by influencing marketplace adoption of innovative energy savings solutions and by partnering with strategic customers in growing markets. The Foam Insulation Product and Program Leader will play a lead role in developing, leading and executing programs that deliver to growth for FOAMULAR. They will also be responsible for developing channel growth strategies and executing channel specific product, service, volume, and price plans for our business. Responsibilities include management of the product portfolio, contribution to the near and long term operating plan for product line success, monitoring customer feedback, and monitoring market conditions. The position will also require substantially contributing to business strategy by transforming customer and market quantitative data into plans and projects that penetrate markets, increase market share, and grow top and bottom lines. The Product and Program Leader models teamwork across the Insulation business and must be effective leading teams in a matrix organization.Reports to
: Director of Products & Programs, FOAM Insulation BusinessSpan of Control
: This position may have the following direct report: Associate Product Manager, Strategic Leadership Development associate, and Strategic Leadership Intern.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES Growing the Customer Base
Directing Product-related Operations
- Partners with marketing, sales and pricing organizations, including FOAMULAR sales, Building Materials Sales, Home Centers, Building Insulation, and Canada to drive programs and events to build and grow market share.
- Prospects and develops new potential customers by identifying opportunities, establishing key contacts, and building business relationships.
- Leads quarterly reviews with Sales Directors and RSLs across the organization to review and help drive FOAMULAR targets.
- Identify new channels and contractor opportunities and drive through the sales organizations
- Participates in marketing program planning, development, execution and measurement to ensure that programs succeed according to plan. Ensure current programs maximize FOAMULAR profitability.
- Develop and lead training for sales force to build knowledge of product systems and solutions
Develop FOAMULAR Growth Strategy
- Lead product SKU performance, rationalization, forecasting and inventory requirements in partnership with finance, sales and operations teams.
- Partners with leader to lead monthly Sales & Operations Planning process. Provides forecasting market modeling, inventory and working capital requirements as inputs for the products and programs for successful execution of S & OP process.
- Develops, communicates and leads annual operating plan for products and programs consistent with near-term requirements for financial and non-financial performance and long-term strategic requirements.
- Monitors market data and customer feedback (from marketing insight group) for changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
- Partners with leader to utilize business and management reviews and continuous operational oversight to respond to external conditions at that time and drive business performance.
- Establishes clear and appropriate operating authority on critical performance drivers (e.g., pricing, operations/capacity planning)
- Demonstrates OC values, safety, business ethics and law, and financial controls requirements.
The Product and Program Leader will be accountable for contributing to strategy and business planning including:
- Business objectives for immediate and mid-term (3-5 year) timeframe relative to product marketing including customer, end user, channel and competitive dynamics, and geographic considerations (local, regional, national, international)
- Product positioning, packaging, placement, pricing, investments, channel management, customer and sales force engagement and alignment, and engagement of key external influencers, e.g., specifiers, architects, utilities, and state and federal government.
- Recommend a portfolio of building enclosure systems/solutions and go-to-market strategies for adoption
- Recommend, as appropriate, opportunities to expand beyond FOAMULAR Insulation to drive growth for Owens Corning
- Environmental analysis that includes:
- Economic impact on a national (US) and international (if applicable) basis.
- Market trends, competitor strategies and customer needs.
- Un-met needs of customers and market as identified in partnership with marketing insights group and resultant opportunity for products in our business segments.
- In partnership with marketing insight group, an analysis of competition which identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages and company strengths and weaknesses.
- An analysis of external and execution risks and their potential impact on Product results and definition of a mitigation plan which addresses risks with identified actions.
- Resource requirements and investments including budget development and planning required to achieve the financial plan.
- Partner with marketing communications to develop and execute integrated marketing programs that drive the desired behavior changes our strategic targets.
- Ongoing market assessment to identify mix, customer trends and margin drivers along with associated business recommendations.
- Measuring, tracking and reporting Program ROI and EBIT to Insulation leadership
Ensure market and channel influence is driving growth strategy
- Innovation: Leads successful commercialization of extensions to and new products/services. Teams cross-functionally across Marketing, Science & Technology, Finance, Operations and Supply Chain to accomplish.
- Consistently drives products and programs to improve cost structure at all levels.
- Establishes and continuously improves gross margin contribution on core products and programs including developmental oversight of products and programs and investments required to drive demand (supported by business case and tracking metrics.)
- Inspires organization and partners with leader to structure it to deliver strategic objectives and supporting goals.
- Influences industry thought leaders and channel partners for successful execution of Product strategy.
Leading the FOAMULAR Business
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of customers, products, markets, channels, and competitors to align strategies and drive growth in all points of distribution
- Coordination across sales and pricing organizations including Building Materials Sales, Home Centers, Building Insulation, and Canada to ensure we have the right insights into FOAMULAR markets and customers
- Limit channel conflict by ensuring coordination of product positioning, messaging, pricing and promotions to ensure the business delivers on its revenue and price attainment goals
- Develop tools and resources to enhance effectiveness of sales and marketing activities
- Align channel strategies in order to exploit the strengths of the product portfolio, geographic coverage and service capabilities
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Teaming: Creates teamwork across staff functions (including marketing, sales, operations, supply chain, science & technology, and finance) and other business groups to maximize performance of products and programs business model from concept to commercialization, and development of people.
- Is an effective member of the FOAMULAR leadership team and acts as a member of the FOAMULAR Sales team.
- Is regarded by employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Communicates business strategy and performance to external constituents (customers, industry) effectively and engages them in the vision of the business.
- Education: Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus
- 5+ years of Brand/Product Management experience with a consumer products or consumer durable business
- P&L management experience
- Successfully executing full product / service management including positioning, pricing strategy, margin management, investments, and channel management.
- Developing and marketing new products and services; attracting new customers.
- Demonstrated quantitative capabilities, including financial, statistical and predictive modeling.
- Increasing margins through management of mix, cost and price.
- Proven ability to influence sales organizations to act and achieve goals
- Experience with segmentation and defining strategic brand/product targets
- Collaboration with top customers to develop mutually beneficial growth plans
- Gaining customer, market and competitive insight.
- Development of successful internal and external relationships (including with, research & development, operations, finance, sales and external suppliers is highly desired.)
- Flexibility to travel up to 50% of time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Operating across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Delivering rapid improvement in an organization.
- Participating in the development of strategic plans.
- Three-plus years working in marketing or strategic consulting.
- Two-plus years of direct, customer-facing work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet or beat high bar targets and deadlines.
- Development of successful relationships with suppliers and co-marketing partners, highly desired.
- Leadership Accountabilities Manager competencies - Managing the Business - competes on analytics, creativity, customer driven, operational planning - Building and Leading Teams - all about talent, inspiration, performance management, self-knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to structure executive communications
- Customer, market and competitive insight
- Influences effectively and sustainably with and without authority
- Develops & leverages internal & external relationships. Thinks strategically & drives change, action & results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentations to large and diverse audiences
- Business and financial acumen-knows the P&L
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent;
- Self-motivated, strong initiative
- Works best through others - enrolls and influences others
- Values independent thinking
- Develops strategic relationships naturally
- Is innovative and loves a challenge
- Approachable, coachable and open to feedback
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning, does not rationalize failures.
- Freely states opinions and feelings. Expresses him/her self directly and candidly.
- Shows appreciation for and understanding of the feelings of others. Aware of personal impact on others. Expresses opinions without offending or creating defensiveness.
*LI-NM1 About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology