West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Product Manager - Digital Data - Commercial Bank
Capital One is the only founder-led Top 10 bank in the US. We changing Banking for Good and we are transforming how people interact with their money. We offer industry-leading credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, brokerage accounts, car loans, home loans, and other financial products that are central to the way that more than 65 million people live every day.
Are you excited by the challenge of improving how businesses interact with their money? Are you enticed by exploring opportunities to disrupt the B2B data strategies?
The Capital One Treasury team is looking for an exceptional Sr. Manager of our Digital Product Team to set the strategy for our Digital Data Products. This role will be responsible for our Information Reporting and SFTP product experiences with two direct reports.
As a product leader you will:
- Relentlessly push to understand customer needs and ensures customer is considered in prioritization and trade-off discussions
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy
- Identify unmet needs and disruption opportunities and guide interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market.
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics
- Define learning agenda and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
- Leads a team through rigorous process of test and learn with focus on identifying and developing a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Prioritize, negotiate and remove blockers to orchestrate successful launch or optimization cycle
- Serve as subject matter expert, contributing practitioner, thought leader, career guide and mentor to teams
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Proven experience in and passion for building and shipping great products
- Exceptional communication skills
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two dimensions and understanding of the third.
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
- Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making
- Creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem solving approach
- Entrepreneurial ability to identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts
- Deep planning skills with the ability to organize thematic work areas in deep detail with long term vision and iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization.
- Deep understanding of ACH, Wire, and clearXchange money movement rails
- Proven ability to attract, retain and develop top talent Product Managers
- Experience shipping multiple products across variety of platforms and channels
- Engineering, design, MBA and/or start-up founder experience
- Fluency in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Agile Product Management experience
- Industry or hobbyist experience with emerging and leading technologies across disciplines (IoT, Machine Learning, Voice interfaces, etc)
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 5 or more years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 5 or more years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.