This unique role is at the heart of Unilever's new business development strategy for US eCommerce.
This is a New Business Innovation role that is at the heart of Unilever's strategy for US eCommerce.
Unilever is home to iconic brands such as Dove, Ben & Jerry’s, and Lipton, and on any given day, over 2 billion people around the world use our products. Accelerating eCommerce enables us to get closer to our consumers. And with digitally born brands such as Dollar Shave Club, Dermalogica, and Blue Air recently joining the family, Unilever is focused on building direct relationships with consumers. As Sr. Manager focused on eCommerce innovation, you will be responsible for identifying whitespaces and turning consumer-focused ideas into new eCommerce brands, platforms, and services.
You will partner with Global and US-based category innovation teams to originate and co-develop new eCommerce-focused brands, products, and services. You will leverage your eCommerce business background to determine the right go-to-market model, write business requirements, and work with cross-functional teams to deliver on your business vision. If the thought of thriving in a well-resourced, consumer-focused startup environment on the West Coast excites you, read on. What you'll do
- Think big: Identify whitespace business opportunities for eCommerce-driven consumer goods products and services using market data, competitive analysis, consumer research, and disruptive thinking
- Be strategic: Envision the product or service, define the consumer experience, build a compelling business case, and present your proposals to senior management
- Be a business builder: Use an iterative approach to refine your business idea, develop the right financial model and go-to-market strategy, and use testing & research to prove out concepts
- Be the voice of the customer: Understand the needs of shoppers and be their champion throughout the ideation, design, build, and launch process
- Be a cross-functional problem-solver: Partner closely with insights, innovation, marketing, business operations, and technology teams to refine and deliver the business vision
- Be a product management leader: Write clear business requirements, understand the technology implications of your vision, and help the cross-functional team make the right product management tradeoffs from concept to launch
You may also have
- 8 years’ experience in eCommerce category or vendor management, product management, or management consulting
- Experience developing complete business cases including financial model & business requirements
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex information clearly and concisely to multiple levels in the organization
- Experience solving cross-functional problems with an analytical approach
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on business, engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- An MBA, strongly preferred
- Experience writing PR & FAQs and working backwards from the customer
- Experience working with TPMs, PM-Ts, or technology partners
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.