Hundreds of millions of people use Skype, which means that Product Managers here have the opportunity to build features that deliver value at an incredible scale. Skype was made to strengthen communications and create meaningful relationships where people can connect and share experiences. We are building the next generation of Skype which will make Skype an indispensable part of people's daily habits.
Skype's Product Managers work closely with talented engineers and designers to create groundbreaking products. We are looking for an extremely entrepreneurial Product Manager to help innovate and execute features that generate engagement with our users and drive the growth of our audiences globally.
This position is full time and based at Palo Alto.
You should apply to this role if you are passionate about making an impact on a massive scale, solve complex problems, always move forward, and like to take bold risks.
- Lead the ideation, prioritization and execution of high-impact features for Skype's user engagement and growth across all platforms including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android and Web.
- Drive product development on an aggressive timeline with a team of world-class engineers and designers, starting with user stories, building wireframes, finalizing visual design & UX, driving execution with engineering, and reviewing final product prior to release.
- Write detailed specifications for new features that account for business rationale, user journeys, technical components, and success criteria.
- Be a master of qualitative and quantitative analysis of user behavior. Define and analyze the signals that inform the success of features, and where the product strongly resonates with consumers.
- Partner with business, product, and engineering leads across Microsoft to build holistic plans, lead the cross-functional team and ensure accountability across partners.
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market strategies for features including positioning, communication of value propositions, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials.
- Be a subject matter expert in notifications, in app features, and other tools to drive engagement within Skype's products.
- 3+ years of product management experience building and growing a consumer app based product, enterprise level software, or related experience.
- Hands on experience working with design and engineering teams to drive desktop and mobile products.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively work with leaders within the company.
- Strong background in statistical analysis and study of user behavior, including funnels, A/B testing, experimentation, and complex database queries.
- A technical background is a strong plus, especially in the area of data analysis.
- Familiarity with UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Flinto, and Invision.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.