McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions provides hospitals and health systems with comprehensive electronic health record solutions, expert consulting and world-class infrastructure and hosting services to enable them to succeed under health reform and beyond. Our portfolio includes our highly rated Paragon® hospital information system, plus proven solutions for revenue cycle management, supply chain management, document management, intelligent coding, laboratory, surgery and managed services to help maximize the total value of information technology.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Enterprise Information Solutions you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Physician Solutions Product Manager will ensure that McKesson delivers a competitive, predictable solution within the physician application market (primarily in Paragon Clinicals). The position will leverage market and competitive information to create realistic and achievable strategic and product plans, providing the company with a reliable planning roadmap over a three-year period for the assigned solutions. This role will be responsible for the coordination of the cross-functional team composed of business leaders, sales, marketing, services, support, business analysts, development, internal support functions and external customers.
This position will likely travel 30 - 60% of the time.
- Coordinate with Product Marketing to assess the marketplace, including market drivers, priorities, requirements, problems, and issues…particularly those that pertinent to and would stimulate demand for a given solution. Describe how the solution is positioned to key decision-makers to highlight how it addresses the key market problems etc. and differentiates us from competitors. The solution should include hardware, software, services, 3rd party relationships, etc.
- Coordinate with Product Marketing to perform detailed overall and target market analysis (current state and trends).
- Coordinate with Product Marketing to perform detailed competitive analysis (current state and trends), including general company position (market growth, financial situation), major products and key strategies / positioning, client base, product
capabilities, KLAS scores, market penetration, win/loss rates, CIO survey results, solution strengths and weaknesses, and ongoing research of competitive questions and issues.
- Create thorough business cases to effectively communicate the viability of investment opportunities, submit these for objective comparison with other competing investment alternatives, serve as the basis for zero-based budget (P&L) management, and monitor performance of the investment over time against the original business case.
- Facilitate the definition of organizational and individual performance objectives, supporting metrics, and incentives.
- Work with Product Marketing to ensure position statements, product collateral and product presentations are developed that reflect sustainable differentiation, competitive deficiencies and consistency with overall marketing strategy. Validate the creation and execution of the product marketing plan.
- Continuously manage the assigned solution business case development and approval, market and competitive position and performance, product messaging and positioning, pricing and packaging, sales education, transition to services and support, beta and reference site management, general availability, industry awareness and client success stories, product issue and customer escalation management, business plan P&L contribution and monitoring.
- Establish and lead a solid cross-functional team of business leaders, internal support functions, product management (including product management, product marketing, and program management), research and development, sales, marketing, services, customer support, and external customers throughout the product’s lifecycle. This cross-functional team serves to iteratively identify and justify the investments required, and to coordinate for delivery of the solution that will provide the return on that investment.
- Facilitate lifecycle management of the assigned solutions including stage progression management, adjustments in focus, investment and forecasted return, enabling resource re-allocation, market performance adjustments, pricing packaging adjustments, sales model changes, and migration / retirement planning.
- Oversee all product releases through the development process, ensuring cross-functional on-time, on-budget, on-quality delivery on activities and deliverables, and reviews. Each phase requires collaboration as funding and team commitment are secured (idea factory, opportunity analysis, product planning), the investment is made (product construction), and the distribution channel is prepared and launched (transition to GA, deploy and monitor, and retirement).
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the professional product management function, through investment in the people (training, certification, associations, conferences, coaching and mentoring, performance management, recruiting /selection, etc.), process (models, frameworks, methodologies, activities, templates, examples, etc.), technology (tools), and measurement (accountabilities, reporting, etc.) surrounding this function.
- Periodically participate in the sales process to better understand how products are being presented to prospective customers and hear first-hand the prospects reaction to products.
- Clinical experience within a specialty
- Long-range and operational planning experience (building the roadmap, product development, product management and/or marketing)
- Financial and budgeting experience (such as forecasting, P&L, planning, budgets, etc.)
- Experience creating and maintaining successful business partnerships and/or client relationships with ability to influence
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- General IT knowledge and experience using physician applications
- Ability to travel 30 to 60%
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to direct and collaborate with internal customers
- Working knowledge of CMM and/or CMMi, SCP, PMI, ISO, Six Sigma or SAFe Agile
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- IT Product Management experience a plus
- Strong Project Management experience
Medical Doctor Degree
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please.