Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Project or Program Management
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1020752
What You'll Do
We're looking for a candidate with passion for building great products to own many foundational aspects of our flagship platform, Control Center. The ideal candidate is already an expert in user security, complex roles hierarchies, and designing platforms to manage data and devices on a global scale.
This role will help Cisco Jasper provide the most compelling overall experience to our customers around the globe. This includes not just traditional product responsibilities, but also working closely with the broader Cisco IoT organization to ensure that every touchpoint is optimized.
Most importantly, this role will design powerful features to excite our customers and accelerate adoption. Examples include securing devices and users, as well enabling data access and analysis.
Responsibilities: Product, Roadmap
A product manager's chief contributions will be to the product roadmap and resulting deliverables.
• Lead and define Cisco Jasper's product strategy security and platform, delivering high impact products in a fast-paced SaaS product environment
• Identify trends and nascent opportunities lurking within a goldmine of information about how devices connect across the IoT; Execute on these opportunities to maximize value across Jasper products and customers in ways no one else can
• Collect and synthesize input from customers, product line managers, sales, support and engineering; Combine this input with your own vision and know-how to create a high-yield product roadmap
• Be the subject matter expert with product line managers and customers to understand their businesses, define solutions that create unique value for customers and create actionable plans to deliver these solutions
• Evangelize and educate Jasper front line professionals on Jasper Control Center platform capabilities and security features to establish and extend positioning as an indispensable value driver for customers
• Work with product line management to drive generative innovation and competitive differentiation to extend product value proposition for target operators and their customers
• Work with internal cross-functional teams and external partners to take products from ideation all the way to commercial launch
• Prioritize between long and short term challenges, problems and opportunities based on business rationale to drive product priorities jointly with product line management
• Develop user stories and business requirements in partnership with product line management, and carry through to development and definition of product specifications
• Partner with our Solution Engineering team in the field in the definition of products/solutions for near-term commercial prospects
• Partner with Product Marketing to envision and execute the messaging of products/features, surfacing the value and capabilities of our offerings in the context of the customer's business need
Who You'll Work With
This role is a highly collaborative, you'll work closely with cross functional teams. This is also a client facing role where you'll be expected to work closely with customers to better understand their pain points and work towards a business solution.
Who You Are
All Product Managers are expected to possess strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable taking the lead in a wide variety scenarios. For example, when topics relating to areas of expertise are being discussed, the Product Manager is expected to lead in these discussions; guide towards the optimal conclusion for our customers. The Product Manager will also collaborate with the cross functional teams.
• BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science, or relevant experience
• 2+ years of relevant cloud/SaaS platform product management experience
• Significant experience with both user and platform security
• Must demonstrate strategic thinking, thought leadership as well as ability to lead initiatives full cycle
• Exceptional analytical reasoning skills
• Polished communication skills including ability to articulate and defend complex, nuanced positions
• Excellent critical thinking skills, able to make good decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Fast, efficient work style; self-starter
• Travel: Typically about 10-20%
Cisco-Jasper has designed its industry-leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) IoT platform to enable companies of all sizes to rapidly and cost-effectively launch, manage and monetize IoT services on a global scale. When an enterprise evolves to embrace IoT, it transforms into much more than a product business. It becomes a service business, capable of automatically managing customers' entire IoT service lifecycle, delivering increased customer value and unlocking new sources of revenue. More than 3,500 companies, including many of the world's top brands, choose Cisco-Jasper to fast-track their IoT services.
The recent acquisition of Jasper will allow Cisco to offer a complete IoT solution that is interoperable across devices and works with IoT service providers, application developers and an ecosystem of partners. By combining forces, Cisco-Jasper is well positioned to leverage its existing strength in the IoT space and provide enterprise customers a broad suite of IoT services such as enterprise Wi-Fi, Fog computing, security for connected devices, and advanced analytics to better manage device usage.
Our enterprise customers span Connected Car, Connected Home, tablets, smart meters, medical devices, connected construction equipment, plus thousands more devices from iPhones and Kindles to dog trackers. Right at the crux of these varied deployments lie our Device Lifecycle Management capabilities which provide enterprises a powerful mechanism to manage their devices in ways that make sense for their businesses.
We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.