Sr. Product Manager - Web Engagement & SEO (Auto Navigator)
At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. At our core, we have a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations, and delivers great consumer experiences.
Capital One is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Auto Finance team in Plano, Texas. We want you to lead a team in defining, launching, and maintaining our direct-to-consumer web properties. This position has a high level of exposure, so we're looking for a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and influence associates at all levels. As a growing company, we'll need you to wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. This role will report to the Senior Director of Product Management, manage a small team, and also collaborate with numerous team members throughout the company.
This position in a nutshell:
- Lead and execute on the SEO strategy, content marketing strategy for Capital One Auto Finance
- Manage customer landing pages and customer education portal for the Auto Finance website and optimize customer experience, SEO and conversion through a "test and learn" approach
- Lead, develop, and implement short- and long-term strategies for the high-profile Capital One Auto Finance website
- Learn from consumers to spearhead feature and content development to support aggressive customer acquisition goals
- Partner with capitalone.com and auto product leads to develop best user experience on the website
- Develop and use customer personas for inbound marketing initiatives
- Develop a talented team of product manager, SEO specialists and content writers
What you bring:
- You are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great products and experiences
- You would describe yourself as being resourceful, analytical, self-motivating, and having great attention to detail
- You possess excellent organization and people skills, plus the ability to set priorities, problem-solve, multi-task, and work well in a dynamic, rapidly-changing environment.
- You have extensive product management experience with consumer-facing web products and the expertise in tools necessary to drive success in the areas of SEO, content marketing, and website optimization
- You exhibit excellent judgment and have high standards
- You hire and develop great people to help build an energetically collaborative, motivational, and entrepreneurial culture
- You wield proven creative vision and ability to connect with consumers; you listen to them and focus on their needs
- You possess lots of intellectual curiosity and the chops to work in fast-paced, complex and ambiguous environments
- You are compelling and effective at communicating with and presenting to executive management
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to conceptualize, develop and enhance web products. You will translate consumer needs and business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth. You are a dynamic product owner who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Partner with cross-functional teams across design, development and business. Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
- Exponentially grow website traffic through SEO and content marketing strategies.
- Leverage user research and feedback, market analysis, analytics and test and learn approaches to improve customer engagement with the website
- Define product direction, prioritize and manage features that will deliver best of class experiences for Capital One consumers.
- Communicate overall operational risks and risk mitigation recommendations; create persuasive recommendations for new initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 2 years of experience in Search Engine Optimization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3-5 years of experience in Agile product management
- 3-5 years of experience in SEO and content marketing
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.