Are you a creative, “roll-up-your-sleeves” problem solver looking to drive impact and make great marketing happen? Do you see yourself as a steward to drive a holistic story for Microsoft Education by leveraging the entire portfolio of products and features? If so, we want to talk to you!
The Education Marketing team is looking for a passionate product marketing marketer (PMM) to develop and co-create differentiated value propositions for products built specifically for our education customers. This PMM will be responsible for partnering closely with PMM’s across Windows, Office, C&E, Minecraft, Customer Engagement & Engineering Program teams to drive core offerings and bring together the full Microsoft Education portfolio of products and services for a compelling and differentiated story.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Education Audience Marketing, you will provide industry knowledge, and audience insights on educators, ITDMs, school leaders, and students. You will be responsible for developing compelling, differentiated value propositions for education-specific product and service releases. You will work with engineering teams and audience marketing to determine optimal timing of education product disclosures and launches, to be leveraged across our core education marketing team, to ensure greatest amount of impact in market.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Partner closely with the education engineering teams to provide market and core audience insights and “voice” to drive product priorities, and create education product value propositions
• Co-own launch decisions with business and engineering teams as it relates to education-specific products and features while incorporating launch details from other core products into the broader education marketing plan.
• Develop the inbound prioritized repository of products and features with well-articulated value props to our education customers.
• Partner with the Education Audience Marketing team to deliver the outbound messaging and marketing assets leveraging your product knowledge expertise.
• Synthesize a deep understanding and point-of-view on competitor offerings and develop and drive key competitive moves
• Serve as a subject matter expert on the Microsoft Education portfolio for internal corporate discussions and external customer and partner-facing events and briefings.
• Passion for education and education technology.
• 6+ years of marketing experience, preferably with experience working in the education vertical.
• Ability to analyze and diagnose complex product and business challenges, formulate solutions, and then motivate and communicate to the broader organization for successful execution.
• Proven capability to deliver world class marketing content, including value proposition, evidence, blogs, whitepapers & presentations for identified scenarios, products/features and segments/audiences.
• Desire to be involved in a development stage business with an entrepreneurial bias.
• A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, agencies, executive stakeholders and execution partners.
• An entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate about connecting with customers, and changing the way they perceive our brand and our products.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent communication skills, high degree of accountability with willingness to take measured risks and set bold goals.
• B.A./B. S in Computer Science, Marketing or related field Computer Information Systems, preferred.
• M.B.A (or equivalent in related work experience).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.