Communication is an essential element to how we work and collaborate with each other, and digital transformation is being accelerated by new communication and collaboration experiences for both end users and IT.
Microsoft offers a complete enterprise meetings and voice solution in Skype for Business and new meetings and calling capabilities as part of our hub for teamwork with Microsoft Teams. Communications is the next workload which is being disrupted by the cloud and including these services in Office 365 allows our customers to provide a great end-to-end communications experience for their users while simplifying procurement and management and providing rich analytics for IT.
We are looking for a senior product marketing manager to lead our storytelling and help shape the marketing strategy for meeting and voice solutions. This role will own our story for unified communications with Skype for Business, support our go to market with Microsoft Teams and work across Office marketing to land our value prop for communications across our broader campaigns and workloads. This is an end-to-end product management role that requires strategic thinking, cross-group collaboration and storytelling to develop the messages and scenarios that bring our communications platform to life. You will lead our marketing efforts to ensure press, analysts and customers understand our value proposition and feature set. You will have a strong partnership with our field teams to ready our sales team, meet with customers at customer briefings and industry events and share learnings with engineering. To succeed in this role, you must bring passion for our customers, partners, products and communications and collaboration solutions.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Understand current adoption of our unified communication offerings, and partner with the broader marketing teams on strategies to drive growth and usage.
• Partner with business planning on new business models and promotions for new meeting and voice solutions.
• Build differentiated value propositions, messaging, and guidance for the field, partners, press, and analysts.
• Communicate our value prop for unified communications to customers and partners broadly through our website, collateral and at industry events
• Support product disclosures in partnership with engineering, integrated marketing and communications.
• Work with our field and partner readiness teams to drive readiness around our communications solutions and engage regularly with customers to gain ground level insights to the impact of solutions created.
• Provide feedback into product planning to guide future product roadmaps.
• BA or BS Degree
• 3+ years of product planning, product management, or technical field sales
We are looking for:
A highly motivated, results-driven marketer, who has strong technical aptitude, leadership skills, field experience and business acumen. Candidate must be able to generate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion. Candidate must have a proven ability to work across virtual teams and motivate others within and across Business Groups. This position requires excellent oral and written communications abilities, and strong interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with technical and business leaders. The candidate should have an understanding of Microsoft technology and products. MBA is preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.