We are seeking a passionate Sr. Product management professional for the Transaction Platform. In this role, you will be leading the technology platform that powers PayPal payments and experiences for PayPal's ecosystem of Consumers, Merchants and Developers. Transaction Platform is the middle tier powering all Payments at PayPal, this is a high visible, high demand role. You will be responsible for delivering services at PayPal as part of the Transaction Product organization, driving capabilities, products, solutions and experiences with low cost, low time to market and increased agility.Responsibilities include:
- Manage one or more business initiatives, gather requirements, drive execution with laser-focused quality, develop a long-term vision for Transaction Platform.
- You will be measured by the agility of the stakeholders that use the platform service you implement, including such KPIs as speed of stakeholder ramp-up; speed of new services design delivery and deployment; ability to integrate changes to existing services.
- Collaborate closely with regional teams and other related product managers, technical architects, engineers and other cross-functional stakeholders, to ensure that the product solution delivers against business objectives.
- Work cross-organizationally with customer support, operations, legal, compliance, risk management, engineering, and other functional areas, to ensure alignment with related go-to-market activities.
- Ensuring cross-functional product team execution (with Project Manager and Engineering Manager), meeting project milestone dates, driving decisions across teams and escalating appropriately.
- Strong understanding of payments domain and payments industry
- Good understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience with Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures (REST APIs)
- Ability to lead, drive consensus and deliver in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders
- Strong background in analytics and CDI to make product decisions and to iterate rapidly
- Strong experience in core product management, including customer analysis, market segmentation, KPI management, operational management and roadmap development
- 10+ years' experience with software or technology product management. Strong technology background, including prior development/management experience desired.
- 10+ year's experience managing platform as a product through the full life-cycle
- 10+ years' experience with service oriented architecture and Agile development methodologies
- 10+ years' experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable and scalable
- 10+ years' experience working with globalized products
- 10+ years' experience building and managing large distributed systems desired
- Proven experience of managing products, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Engineering and or engineering management experience a plus
- Metrics driven, can draw insights from large data sets to tune the API engagement
- Experience working with customers, to ensure correct use of services
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.