Sr Product Owner-Marketing IT
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: January 08, 2017
Reference ID: 170000EZ
Sr. Product Owner-Marketing IT - Austin, TX
Everyone has the potential for greatness.Especially at Dell. Here, you’ll work in an environment built around collaboration, new approaches and putting ideas to work. That’s because we’re focused on giving our customers world-class solutions and making technology accessible to everyone. To make that this happen, you’ll have what you need – from mentoring and training to growth opportunity and great benefits. Learn how you can realize your potential at Dell.
Dell IT is seeking a Product Owner to join the Marketing Programs IT team. The Marketing Product Owner is a “business-facing” program strategist addressing business initiatives with technology and process solutions.
This candidate will be responsible for solutions and technology activities designed to empower Dell’s demand generation capabilities. They will use technical knowledge and industry experience to formulate product strategies and identify new product opportunities. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of technical and business skills to provide insights that will be used by feature and portfolio teams for product design, requirements and capability delivery for partners. In addition, the candidate will need to have strong presentation and communication skills required to create and present to leadership.
- Defines product value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, and budget for business and technology implementation projects. Examples of current active projects include revamping lead/campaign infrastructure in SFDC, establishing a marketing resource management system for budget planning, and implementing a cloud-based solution selling platform to deliver tailored marketing content to salesmakers
- Responsible for writing user stories, peer reviews of other backlogs and stories
- Drives all aspects of project activities, including collaborating and coordinating across all business segments and technical team. Sets priorities for the feature team and works with portfolio owner and manager to break roadblocks.
- Drives the Agile delivery of product features by working with the feature team to define, coordinate, and estimate duration of activities and determine schedules to meet project objectives
- Ensures consistency and adherence to Dell processes, standards, and policies for all projects
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development lifecycle: requirements, development, quality control, deployment and maintenance; monitor and adjust the team’s Agile process as needed
- Responsible for the technical solution in support of team’s Project and Platform portfolio
- Develop best practices, standards for the tools and technologies
- 10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Very strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization (globally)
- Able to multi-task to manage both tactical and strategic work streams relating to the feature team
- Translates business objectives into feature team epics/stories
- Able to make complex decisions which may have company-wide impact and makes recommendations to management around priority setting/planning
- Open to leading & participating on global conference calls during evening hours
- Familiarity with agile/SCRUM development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles preferred
- Domain experience with one or more of Dell’s strategic platforms: Adobe AEM/Sites, SFDC, Eloqua, or Teradata’s Marketing Resource Management system
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Information Technology - Project Management*
**Title:** *Sr Product Owner-Marketing IT*
**Requisition ID:** *170000EZ*