Our product studios are responsible for groundbreaking innovative experiences for Microsoft HoloLens and other Microsoft platforms and devices. We’re a rapidly growing team of experienced incubators and application developers working with truly inspiring technology. We’re constantly ideating, developing and launching new experiences and solutions that unlock new markets, and we’re looking for creative professionals who look at problems in unique ways to join our team.
Our Business Design Team sits within the engineering team and drives product strategy across a portfolio of apps and services that cover a breadth of customer segments (e.g. consumers, commercial, developers, education) and form factors (e.g. PC, tablets, mobile, HoloLens).
Role: As a member of the team you will be responsible for identifying fast-growing markets, portfolio strategy, and working across design and engineering to develop products that achieve high user retention and profitable revenue growth. You will synthesize large amounts of market data and customer insights in order to prioritize the features that matter most to customers. You will stretch between shaping products and platforms in the concept development stage, to accelerating user growth and profitability of in-market products.
You will be responsible for delivering end-to-end product management services across a portfolio of apps and cloud services targeted at a diverse set of audiences. Strategic thought leadership, technical acumen, quantitative modeling skills, strong design thinking, and the ability to drive impact across disciplines and organizations are all required to be successful in this role. We look for people that are passionate about the customer, possess a real passion for continuous growth, and a burning curiosity for what’s next. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you.
• Drive product/market fit for multiple engineering teams developing for the next generation of computing
• Identify, shape and implement innovative business models unlocked by new emerging technologies and experiences
• Lead key work streams including monetization design, roadmap planning and user retention optimization
• Drive ecosystem development, GTM partnerships and M&A strategy necessary to win new markets
• Partner with multiple product development teams to optimize product features, UX and ensure they map all the way up to corporate objectives
• Work across engineering, design, production, marketing, finance and executive leadership to ensure strategies drive through to successful implementation and market impact
• 3 year’s industry experience as a Product Manager, Product Strategist or Management Consultant
• Bachelor’s Degree
• MBA or related graduate degree is preferred
• Relevant experience in the consumer software industry as a Product Manager, Product Strategist, or Management Consultant
• Experience helping build consumer software services at scale across form factors
• Applied experience in behavioral economics with a focus on consumer software products
• Passion for digital anthropology and the study of human behavior
• Ability to have impact through cross-group collaboration and partnerships
• Ability to deliver solutions targeted towards multiple audience types, particularly consumers & commercial customers
• Self-starter with an ability to creatively solve problems and drive decision making across complex circumstances
• Strong communication and presentation abilities to audiences of varied sizes, levels, and disciplines
• Ability to handle multiple, challenging projects and priorities simultaneously
• Ability to succeed in a rapidly changing, agile environment where continuous innovation is requisite to success
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.