This position serves as a key role within a financial services firm to ensure all collateral meets client expectations, style and brand. The Senior Production artist is responsible for creating and maintaining master templates, ongoing training of on-site and offshore staff, server archiving and maintenance and ongoing updates to internal procedures and their accompanying documentation. Other technical duties may include scaling, cropping, retouching, repositioning and preflighting, or eliminating defective and excessive imaging. Production artists may also be responsible for archiving and updating graphic files.
* Responsible for creation and maintenance of departmental production standards
* Collaborates with Project Managers, Creative Director and production team to identify project needs to support brand objectives
* Communicates effectively with the Chennai production team on brand, style and design.
* Responsible for ensuring the style guide is complete and up to date.
* Establishes priorities for assigned tasks for self and others and often works concurrently on multiple complex tasks.
* Reviews files created by Chennai team to ensure mechanical compliance in accordance with departmental standards
* Applies broad knowledge of prepress workflows, digital asset management, problem solving, designing and quality control to handle assigned accounts with minimal supervision
* Uses ethical business practices in dealing with customers, coworkers, vendors, suppliers and the community.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
* Identifies and facilitates opportunities for continuous improvement in the product, process and service* Advise and improve upon existing design/production procedures to keep with current standards/technology and maintain studio efficiency/consistency* Ongoing training of Chennai Team on production techniques using LiveMeeting demos and conference calls