Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Sr. Production Planner/Buyer to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world’s first soft disposable contact lenses, we’ve passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. And we’re proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Sr. Production Planner/Buyer is responsible for updating and maintaining the actual production schedule (1-13 WK Horizon) in local scheduling tools and creating process orders as per schedule.
This role is also responsible for the procurement of raw and packaging materials by converting the output of the Production Plan into weekly material requirements to ensure availability of the right quantity of components to the production lines when needed; communicating the plan to the different suppliers within the agreed lead times.
Responsibilities include ensuring an optimized production schedule for the products and production lines, and optimizing the flow of materials, while considering the plant’s capacity, inventory levels and service targets.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
50% of Role - Planner
• Optimize production schedules in accordance to customer demand and available capacity; responsibilities also include accountability for downstream replenishment and timely release for production in collaboration with local Quality Product Owner.
• Optimize customer service to avoid stock outs; identify and address all short-term supply constraints within the weekly process (long-term constraints within monthly process); analyze daily supply/demand alerts and address or escalate accordingly.
• Collaborate and partner with Operations to ensure accurate bill of materials switch dates and timely update product of specific production parameters (cycle times, set-up times, yield, throughput) and capacity parameters (total usable hours; target capacity, planned hours) within local ERP system for the 1-24 months horizon; develop 'optimized' recipes for better scheduling and capacity utilization / efficiency.
• Establishes effective communication with various groups such as Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales and Demand Planning as required. Monitors production orders and purchase orders from start to ensure the on time delivery of products.
• Participates in new product launch meetings and assist in developing new product forecasts and production schedules.
50% of Role - Buyer
• Ensures that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the suppliers on time in order to meet plan requirements (confirm P.Os.) Liaises with the suppliers to clarify potential plan constraints and interfaces between supplier and the key internal stakeholders until issues are solved.
• In partnership with Source, tracks and reports site level supplier service performance.
• Interfaces with QA and warehouse staff regarding rejected/defective materials, making the necessary physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a prompt return of goods or disposal.
• Liaises with warehouse staff to understand and adhere to space constraints, managing inventory levels within agreed targets.
• Provide material supplier input to the S&OP process, including delivering RCCP for material suppliers, to allow for transparency of risks and opportunities.Qualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required
• Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) or Green Belt Six-Sigma Certification is preferred
• Experience with ERP – such as SAP, Manugistics and Advance Planning Systems is preferred
• Data mining reporting skills through MS-excel (or equivalent) is preferred
• Proficient user of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required
• Capable of effectively communicating (written/verbal) to multiple levels of leadership within the organization is required
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions is preferred
• Accuracy with attention to detail is required
• Proactive thinking and approach is preferred
• Ability to drive continuous process improvements and lead small scale projects is required
• Up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally is requiredPrimary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.