Sr Program Manager
Are you passionate about transforming the way in which people communicate and connect around the world at work and at home? Are you motivated by the challenges of building real-time communication services at cloud-scale?
The Skype for Business Platform and Partner Solutions team is looking for a strong Senior Program Manager to drive strategic investments in our core service platform that powers communications for hundreds of millions of users around the world. As part of the Office Product Group, the Skype Business Services team delivers the core real-time communications infrastructure powering both Skype for Business Online as well as Skype for Business Server.
The Senior Program Manager role will lead the core planning and execution of multiple feature teams responsible for the development and operations of innovative new cloud services. These services power rich communication scenarios such as immersive meeting rooms, interop with 3rd party networks and devices, and programmable interactive experiences of the future that we are building today, all at global scale and volume.
This role requires a solid understanding of web service design, cloud solution architectures, real-time communication networking protocols used for voice and video, and the operational considerations of running mission critical services worldwide. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Program Manager who loves solving complex technical and business problems and working collaboratively across a global organization.
You will be responsible for understanding customer scenarios; coordinating with external ISV partners; defining and prioritizing product requirements and investment roadmap; using data and telemetry to assess and validate investment impact; and engaging with teams across Skype, Office Product Group, and the new AIR division to deliver results.
• Expertise and passion working with customers and commercial partners to understand their scenarios and business drivers
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with passion for cloud-scale services
• Ability to develop product strategy and roadmap, and drive project execution
• Excellent technical and functional design skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated success building strong relationships and delivering results in cross-group projects
• 7+ years of experience in program management or product management in software companies Demonstrated experience in the entire software product development cycle
• Previous experience working on real-time communications solutions a plus
• Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.