Sr. Program Manager
Are you passionate about leveraging your Networking technology skills to enable the scale and reach of Cloud Computing? Do you want to work in an entrepreneurial team that has a proven track record of delivering industry leading innovations in a fast-paced environment? Are you an expert technologist and highly passionate about customers, partners, and driving long lasting business value? If so, please read on…
The Azure Networking team is looking for a Senior Program Manager to work on unique and highly visible cloud services that would shape the future of Azure network offerings. The outcome will directly impact our current and future customers and the business value thereof.
You will be working on the core network virtualization team that drives the innovations in the field of Software Defined Networking (SDN). You will be responsible for customer scenarios, creating requirements, collaborating on the design, identifying business improvements, partnering with engineering teams to align priorities and dependencies and ensure that end-to-end scenarios come together to realize strong customer and business value. You will be expected to build in-depth relationships with strategic customers and partners to create long-lasting value. You will have the opportunity to create new features in a broad range of technical areas, integrate with multiple teams inside Azure, as well as across the company. This is a highly visible role, so you should be comfortable presenting to senior executives and working with external customers and partners as needed.
An ideal candidate will have:
• A technical understanding of: Networking, Software Defined Networking, and Distributed Computing, with a background in software development.
• Demonstrated ability to build a product vision, roadmap, and requirements to launch successful products/cloud services.
• Demonstrated customer engagement skills, managing customer needs directly through one-to-many channels, and executive briefings.
• Effective communication (written, oral, presentation), influencing and collaboration skills.
• Strongly analytical and data driven with a curiosity for digging deeper into data to discover trends and cohorts that drive our business.
• Understanding of the competitive cloud marketplace.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver results consistently.
• Self-starter with a strong bias for action.
• 5 years of Product/Program Management experience or Software Development experience, delivering internet-scale distributed services/products to market.
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or MBA.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.