Sr. Program Manager
Cloud computing enables new scenarios for applications requiring scalable, durable, and highly available storage for their data – which is exactly why Microsoft developed Azure Storage. In addition to making it possible for developers to build large-scale applications to support new scenarios, Azure Storage also provides the storage foundation for Azure Virtual machines, a further testament to its robustness. If you really want to be part of an excellent team working with bleeding edge technology and you are passionate about building and running services in the cloud, this is the place to be.
We believe a great candidate would be someone who:
• Who wants to design and build a massively scalable and highly available Cloud Storage platform
• Is passionate about providing ITPros an excellent experience in leveraging cutting-edge cloud computing
• Can design and develop complex features on the Cloud Storage platform
• IS self-motivated and proactive to maintain momentum and progress
• Can identify gaps in the existing services, and drive design around improvement
• Can communicate effectively with both developers and engineering partner teams
• Maintain an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
• Formulating a vision, value proposition and roadmap to improve Azure Storage platform
• Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, PM’s and Quality for sustained long term success.
• Define, publish and track KPIs. Work with partner engineering teams to align KPIs and identify process gaps.
• Partner with the architects and other technical drivers to deliver solid technical designs
• Own accurate costing for your engineering activities, and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality
An ideal candidate will bring:
• Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of highly Distributed Systems
• 5 years of experience as a Program/Product Manager
About Microsoft Azure Storage:
Microsoft Azure Storage (as described in this SOSP'11 paper: http://sigops.org/sosp/sosp11/current/2011-Cascais/printable/11-calder.pdf) is built on top of Azure and it is one of the core components of the Azure stack. We believe that the right individuals and leaders will bring innovation, will build relevant, and high-quality solutions to satisfy our customers’ expectations. We value, recognize and invest on our biggest asset, our people.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.