Join the engineering team that is building the Storage service for the entire planet! The Azure Storage team delivers Object Storage, Azure Disks, Azure Files, Big Data, and Hybrid Storage to enable developers to build scalable, durable, and highly available cloud applications.
The Storage Platform PM team is looking for a Sr. Program Manager that has experience working in online services. The ideal candidate has a strong engineering background with a good understanding of multi-tenant / distributed systems, patterns relevant to designing client applications plus has a passion for interacting with customers and partnering with internal Microsoft teams.
The PM is responsible for driving the storage business forward including increasing adoption, usage, profitability and customer engagement. You will be expected to:
• Create a successful and rich customer/partner engagement by personally engaging with a breadth of customers to gather both technical and business requirements, help unblock and onboard customers and partners onto the platform
• Distill customer, market and business insights into long-term strategies comprised of end-to-end scenarios based on deep customer and competitive insights
• Drive delivery of end-to-end scenarios within releases working within the component engineering teams and partner teams to ensure deliverables align with customers’ needs
• Analyze the COGS of feature areas including ensuring alignment with key KPIs for improving the profitability of product areas
• Be the face of your own feature and the Azure storage platform by presenting at public forums and community events, and publish technical papers to educate customers about Azure Storage features
• Collaborate across teams and divisions in Microsoft, as well as industry partners, in order to deliver the best features and experiences to our customers and partners
• 5 years of experience as a feature PM in an online service
• A BA or MS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience with large-scale distributed systems is a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.