Do you want to influence every Azure engineer and be part of the team building this planet's second largest public cloud? If this catches your eye, then we have a role just for you. In today's Cloud first marketplace, Microsoft has millions of customers across the world that leverage the Microsoft Cloud. To succeed, Microsoft's strategy for delivering great customer experiences requires smart engineers who hit the ground running and make near immediate impact using their one-of-a-kind passion for technology. If you want to influence and educate 1000’s of engineers on Azure technology, we've got the opportunity of a lifetime for you! The Azure team is looking for an Azure technology specialist with extensive training experience.
This role requires the mastery of building visually compelling presentations and delivery of them to other engineers. The primary responsibility is educating and teaching Azure to Microsoft employees, it requires a unique depth in the Azure technology. The ideal candidate is to be a full-time technical Trainer that will deliver top-notch new hire training for Engineer and working on the Azure platform and 1st party services.
This position is a rare and fantastic opportunity for a highly competent, well-versed, seasoned individual that has a broad and deep understanding of the Azure platform and 1st party service offerings and can build, articulate, and deliver a 5-day training course to onboard new Developers and Program Managers to our products and culture. Our Azure Engineering Boot Camp training program consists of a one-day quarterly Business & Technical Overview, as well as a 5-day Sessions + Hands-On Labs training experience that walks new hires through learning Azure and using our tools/services to build Azure, or build on top of Azure.
Our Hands-On Labs covers the Azure platform, tools and services that are used on a daily basis to build, validate, geo-replicate and release Azure and 1st party Azure Services on a global scale. Your top goal will be to accelerate on-boarding and ramp time for new hires, to schedule, track, and facilitate classroom learning, and ensure swift adoption of Azure, our tools/services and releasing to the cloud. Success in this role means you have contributed to building and delivering a world-class learning and development program that provides new hires a fantastic, positive learning experience and enables them to get familiar with our platform and services early in their career at rapid speed.
Facilitate live classroom instruction to deliver session-based and hands-on training on topics such as:
• Intro to the Cloud
• PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS in Azure
• Hybrid Connectivity & Networking
• Intro to App Services
• Intro to Service Fabric
• Azure Security
• Customers Use Cases & Cloud Design Patterns
• Develop and incorporate new content of emerging technologies, tools, features and services
• Analyze and incorporate attendee feedback to continually improve learning program experience
• Iterate on Key Learnings, identify and quickly adapt to changing program needs
• Coordinate and data mine new learning opportunities with SMEs within C&E and Microsoft
• Leverage local SMEs tribal knowledge and spread/promote adoption of best practices
• Assess target audience, impact, relevance and measure success of program
• 5+ years of Project or Program Management
• Exceptional written and interpersonal skills
• Excellent cross-group collaboration
• Team player that contributes to and support strategic decisions to grow the program
• Is energetic, enthusiastic, supportive, motivating and promotes a positive learning environment
• Communicates effectively and concisely with stakeholders and leaders about our program and objectives
• Understands and can articulate learning objectives, the relevant impact to our audience and how our objectives align to our all-up business goals and Microsoft “growth mindset” vision
• Displays structured thinking, planning, and delivery of curriculum
• Able to execute by working through others, influence without authority, and deal with ambiguity
If you have a natural ability to excite others, can lead engineers to learn how to launch services to the Cloud, are passionate about improving engineering productivity across Azure and C+E, and are eager to play with the latest and greatest industry standards and technologies, then we want you!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.