Do you have a passion for working on platforms that impact billions of users and empowering the teams in getting high quality features in the hands of those customers faster? Does the prospect of leveraging the cloud to create a world class engineering system excite you? Satya recently stated in his keynote speech, “I want our best engineers to work on our engineering systems”. This is an exciting time to be working on the Engineering Systems - big challenges, big opportunities, big impact.
The Engineering System QBI team is looking for an experienced Sr. Program Manager to help us execute on our vision. The Quality built in (QBI) team is an integral part of Windows & Devices Group (WDG) in Engineering System (ES), accountable for the engineering system’s quality service solutions that enable Windows, Phone, XBOX, and the internet of things to easily validate the quality of their components and technologies to empower the organization to release with high quality and velocity through natural CICD workflows.
This role offers an opportunity to revolutionize the way software is tested and validated in Microsoft. Our vision is laser-focused on a modern ES that drives engineering productivity and realizes the new vision for quality at Microsoft. As a Senior Program Manager, you will get an opportunity to collaborate with various organizations across Microsoft and empower the customers to ship high quality code with confidence and velocity with developed experiences that drive accountability and insights. You will work with a super-talented team that is relentlessly working on making our engineer’s life easy.
• Partnering closely with our Dev and Quality teams to influence our overall testing strategy and work with various stakeholders to make that happen.
• Identifying solutions to help ensure we run the right set of tests, at the right time, and present results from tests and telemetry that make it simple to make decisions in near real time.
• Provide hands on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
• Cross group collaboration with all the feature teams and strong customer advocacy as we continually engage with customers directly to ensure we deliver an amazing solution that meets their needs.
• Driving the right communication strategy and own executive reviews for the project.
• 5+ years' experience in a software development or program manager role managing software projects
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Strong customer empathy and advocacy, with a real desire to deliver great value to our customers and partners
• Strong communication skills with the ability to align with the overall vision and deliver on the appropriate content.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.