Come Join Visa Inc, a global payments technology companythat connects consumers, businesses, banks, governments and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. Visa is accepted in 200
countries and is the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. Job Description
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Visa Checkout Portfolio and Program Management within the DMPD team, this position will provide Program and Portfolio Management leadership for the innovative Visa Checkout Digital
and Mobile vertical. This set of products have a significant impact on Visa's future revenue streams. Program management will holistically encompass working across all business and technical units within Visa to drive overall program success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of multiple, cross functional, global software development projects, specifically within mission critical programs will be required.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to: front door management, planning & resource management, conducting project kickoff meetings; defining project scope; facilitating technical, operational and/or business requirements definition for Product Development tasks; developing detailed baseline project plans; driving / managing / tracking projects through each phase of the project lifecycle through to
successful completion leveraging agile methodologies where necessary; communicating status, issues and risks to project stakeholders; providing leadership to cross-functional project teams, and maintaining project
This position will work closely with members of Product Management, UI/UX, Product Development, QA, Release Management, Implementation Management, and Operations teams, as well as
with all levels of management within the organization. The Digital and Mobile Product Development team is also fully operational in Scrum delivery. This role will include complex project management that may involve developing processes and plans to onboard and/or migrate Issuers onto new platforms. Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline OR Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a
closely related discipline; eight (8) years of overall work experience; and five (5) years specialized experience in project or program management.
- Candidate has a PMP or equivalent project management certification and has knowledge of working in an agile environment.
- Good familiarity with project management software tools; project management techniques; software development lifecycle in an e-commerce or web environment; scrum or agile experience .
- SME Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently.
- Some knowledge and hands-on experience of technical implementations of large scale, highly available, robust web/mobile and Payment Services applications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with other departments and varying levels of management
- Financial Institution Engagement is a plus.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to negotiate priorities across organizations is required
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Ability to independently drive projects through to completion
- Experience with a scrum tool like Rally is a nice to have.
- Hands-on experience with the day-to-day management of cross functional, global software development projects.
- Rally, Jira and other project management tool experience is very much required
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques:
User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing,
Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Meticulous follow-ups and follow-through of issues and actions to drive them to closure in a timely manner; Work closely with the Technical Development team to identify and communicate critical paths.
- Be the single point of contact for the partner and bring in resources from marketing, product, and
support as necessary
- Become an expert on our product, our competition and the markets in which we compete
- Manage and effectively deliver features committed to for the Release Train
- Support Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming Product Backlog
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Product Demos and Sprint Retrospectives; Removes impediments/blockers in order to keep teams productive
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and build schedules and plans; Identifies and manages dependencies with other internal or external teams; Work with the Scrum team and with non-agile Visa teams to align deliverables
- Handle issues/ risks proactively and work with the program manager to successful deliver the program and projects .
A strong candidate will have a solid
experience with technology/ product program management, people management,
x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business
analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program
management, processes, and change management. The ideal candidate is not just a
facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done. The ideal
candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude.
Platform Onboarding and/or Migration project experience along with some
exposure to Agile and scrum methodologies is desired.