LifeScan Inc., a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Sr. Program Manager, R&D Digital Solutions for its Wayne PA location. The position will require up to 10% travel, domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is committed to improving outcomes for people living with diabetes by offering innovative and relevant glucose management products and services to best serve the needs of patients and their healthcare professionals. Today, the Johnson & Johnson family of diabetes companies includes blood glucose monitoring (LifeScan), insulin delivery (Animas), education and community for children and their families living with diabetes (Children with Diabetes), and healthcare professional product training and educational programs to improve care and outcomes (The Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute).
To find out more about (LifeScan OR Animas) visit (www.OneTouch.com OR www.animas.com).
The Sr. Program Manager is responsible facilitating project prioritization, resource allocation, and project-related decision-making within R&D Product Development-Digital Solutions. This individual oversees prioritization criteria, process management and recommendations to management. It also plays point for cross-functional team touch points, including, for example, interactions between product development and global labeling functions. The position will report to the Sr. Director of Product Development-Digital Solutions R&D and will work closely with functional managers and project managers to understand the resource needs of each project (skills, expertise, timing and numbers from various functions) and coordinate resolution of resource conflicts. The individual also must maintain a strategic understanding of business objectives by aligning with members of the Digital Platform Leadership Team and the broader R&D product development organization.
The Sr. Program Manager, R&D Digital Solutions will:
Orchestrate digital projects, resources, timing, monitoring and control, ensuring master plans and schedules are followed.
Develop solutions to program challenges, and direct others for successful completion of project on time and on budget toward achievement of program objectives.
Oversee project management activities and also be responsible for keeping management and other stakeholders informed.
Understand how to interact with and manage deliverables of Digital suppliers partnering the R&D digital solutions team.
Assist the Sr. Director with tracking program component costs with overall program administration costs and optimization, which includes performance across program platforms to achieve the best functional and technical value, ensuring a mix of projects that balances short term versus long term, risk versus reward, research versus development, etc.
Be responsible for ongoing performance assessment, research and development of new capabilities, and systematically applying knowledge for program success and providing information and recommendations to decision makers at all levels.
Provide management, support and escalation assistance to the global product labeling team. Accountable for ensuring overall project schedules stay on track with respect to labeling, by supporting the labeling team with gathering critical inputs from the various groups
Works closely with labeling team on program improvement and cross functional initiatives. Reviews process flows with labeling vendor and streamlines these where possible.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities/ % of time
Manages program plans, resource allocations and associated schedules with integrated activities from the internal Core Team, internal R&D Team, allied functions including labeling, and the external partners performing digital development functions. 40%
Manages the assignment of resources to projects and tracks overall progress against multiple workstreams. Evaluates progress and quality of work performed to ensure achievement of objectives. 20%
Manages escalation of issues and conflicts to the Sr. Director and the Platform Leadership team. Manages routine ongoing communication between Core development teams and Platform Management Team 20%
Creates and conducts formal presentations of project status and proposals to appropriate management. 20%
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Prefer a concentration in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Business Administration. Will consider other degrees when individual has demonstrated professional experience in managing digital program and projects.
- A minimum of 5 years program/project/portfolio management experience is required
- Program/project/portfolio management experience with the development of web-based and/or mobile software solutions is strongly preferred
- A proven track record of leading project teams from inception through launch of a product, or leading multi-disciplinary teams is required
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills are required
- Ability to influence other disciplines and management is required
- Skilled in software project management are required
- Experience in working with external development partners is required
- Knowledge on pc & web-based software environments is required
- Usages of associated software tools to perform these functions are required (e.g. MS Project)
- Prior experience working in diabetes or digital health is preferred
Lifescan Inc. (6097)Job Function
IT Project Management