Under general direction, leads all aspects of the one or more programs under the GISC Strategy and PMO organization for Building Technology & Solutions. Requires knowledge of project/program management techniques. Excellent analytical skills with an ability to apply a balanced understanding of all business elements. Excellent communication skills including negotiation and leadership skills. Efficient utilization of resources and skills through effective planning and leadership in the program matrix organization. Requires intimate knowledge of business plans, strategies, and technology skills. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Coordinates monthly executive project reviews and interfaces with all levels of Management on all aspects of Planning, Scheduling, Organizing, Directing and Controlling of their respective Program/Projects
- Works closely with Product Business Unit, Operations leaders and other functional management team to develop detailed plan and execute to the planned program gates milestones
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communication and governance throughout the Program Management cycle with all program stakeholders, sponsors and executive management team
- Execute one or more projects/programs from design, development through deployment and operationalization to achieve key performance metric targets
- Defines system level requirements and plan project lifecycle deployment
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation
- Define, sponsor and deploy process improvements to improve program/project execution and overall quality/customer satisfaction
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Plans and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones
- Directs and oversees project team and manages conflicts within group
- Performs team training, assessments and evaluations
- Manage multiple business unit rollouts working across various stakeholders and managing expectations and execution
- Planning and managing relationships with external service providers, including development teams, logistics partners and others, as required to drive the best in class solution for the businesses.
- Bachelor's degree (MBA/related Graduate degree preferred) and 10 years related experience in program or operations management is required.
- Background in supply chain or related is highly preferred.
- Background in logistics & distribution including warehouse management experience from either operations or program management standpoints is preferred
- Knowledge of TMS systems is also a plus.
Requires ability to:
- Think strategically and remain focused on the mission, ignoring non-value added distractions
- Analyze data related to complex business issues, including cost, revenue, margin, ROI etc.
- Manage cross-functional teams, often managing both "up" and "across" the organization
- Recognize and respond to expectations in a timely manner and with a sense of urgency required
- Set goals consistent with PBU objectives
- Motivate cross-functional teams and peer groups to develop stretch goals and execute to the goals