Program / Account Management - 40%
Process Ownership / Zone Resolution - 20%
- The Sr. Program Manager will have ultimate accountability for assigned programs by serving as primary point of contact while engaging senior executives and representatives from the agency and insured.
- The Sr. PM will aggressively anticipate, identify and mitigate potential challenges while building positive and productive relationships with key partners that will keep The Hartford in front of its competitors. The individual will be an advocate for the needs of the customers within The Hartford including underwriting, risk engineering, claims and service ops to ensure front-line execution.
- On-boarding and implementation of new programs will be handled by the Sr. PM in conjunction with other PMs. Other responsibilities will include: Claims and TPA Monitoring, File Reviews, Financial Management, Training & Marketing.
Relationship management / Client Relations - 20%
- Responsible for ensuring that the process platform for Construction is developed and in place for the effective management and maintenance of operational level success.
- Ensures the strategic direction and business plans translate into successful impacts for the organization and its customers. Will lead in the effort of data collection to improve and/or change business process and plans.
- Will develop and implement best practices for the organization while being accountable for all process related activities and establishing remediation efforts resulting from business conditions or process variations.
- The Sr. PM will lead and manage projects while putting in place improvement plans and developing tools that will assist in determining the root cause on issues as they arise.
Underwriting Support - 10%
- Collaborates with underwriter, customer and other Hartford disciplines on all aspects of renewal planning, including communications with clients.
- Communicates regularly with customers on important problem resolution.
- Appropriately escalates problems to Ops Manager and other members of management.
- Meets regularly with shared resources to improve the quality and timeliness of work product and to improve the efficiency of workflow and processing.
- The Sr. PM will lead finalist, kick-off, and stewardship and capability meetings and will participate in file reviews, broker and renewal meetings, industry meeting and conferences, etc.
Project Support / Conferences / SME - 10%
- Works independently to proactively maintain timeliness of information in the underwriting files.
- Will lead and facilitate underwriting issues that involve EMRs, classifications, payroll, etc.
- Will escalate major underwriting issues with Manager and Underwriter for swift resolution.
- Train, develop and mentor new hires.
- Facilitate training for new hires and other disciplines that support Construction.
- Attend Construction conferences that will/may include IRMI, RIMS, Construction/Marine Summits, Advisory Board, etc.
- Participate and/or facilitate in Construction projects and initiatives such as Construction/Claims Roles and Responsibilities, Construction SLA's, re-vamped Construction presentations, etc.
***Position may be filled at a different level, depending on experience***
- BA/BS college degree preferred or proven track record and work experience in program/account management
- Insurance industry experience required
- Construction industry knowledge
- 5-7 years of progressively increasing responsibility in pre-sale/post-sale underwriting support or renewal underwriting and operational/program management experience
- CPCU/CRIS or other industry designation desirable
- Travel required up to 35%; attends industry conferences, marketing visits and presentations as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD