Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running (and our ranking continues to rise!). We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is to delight our customers by never settling for anything but the highest quality and providing worlds filled with creativity and adventure around every corner. You are bright, engaging, eager to learn and ready to make an impact. We've been waiting for you Blizzard is seeking a high performing Senior Program Manager to join the IT PMO. You will join a team of PM's focused on delivering epic corporate IT products, tools and experiences. Our goal is simple; build and deliver IT experiences that set the bar for innovation, quality and reliability.
The primary function of this role is managing a project portfolio across an assigned program area. This includes understanding business priorities, providing strategic guidance, partnering with technical managers to establish roadmaps and assign technical resources, building project plans, managing milestone completion on schedule, communicating status, managing the releases, and working with our internal customers to provide lifetime support of corporate products via feedback loops.
- Mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event
- Proactive, self-starter, able to independently drive multiple project simultaneously
- Build relationships and influence others to get things done and drive decision making
- Facilitate prioritization discussions and decisions
- Partner engagement: Understands when to engage, who to engage and the appropriate method for the circumstances
- Produce effective results: Ensure project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule
- Act as the central point of contact for all program area questions or issues
- Assume accountability of tracking, monitoring, removing roadblocks and reporting for assigned program area. Delivering high quality service to stakeholders
- Drive service availability: Drive the post incident process
- Actively mentor less senior members of the team
- Planning project milestones/tasks, schedules and resources
- Communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and blockers
- Requirements gathering: Includes appropriate stakeholders to properly collect comprehensive requirements
- Facilitate or create appropriate project documentation. Define and socialize standards
- Champion continuous improvement, iteration, and learning
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects.
- Expert knowledge of Project Management methodologies.
- Strong Leadership.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, dynamic work environment.
- Strong communicator and able to tailor their communication and level of detail to the audience.
- Mastery of Atlassian product suite.
- Extensive IT program management experience across multiple business units and supporting multiple technologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- MS Project Certification.
- A passion for video games.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.