Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey Operation has an immediate need for Sr. Programmer Analyst
The primary role of this position is to analyze business process needs and design, develop, program and implement applications/systems in support of the manufacturing and business unit as well as support existing systems and converting legacy Access\\VBA databases and perform data mining for users. This role will require a working knowledge of reporting toolsets, project management, team work with multiple departments. Projects will require a background in areas such as finance, manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, supply chain, quality and process control.
This position provides a dynamic work environment in which the qualified candidate will directly contribute to the immediate and long term needs of the company while at the same time supporting individual career development goals. Potential for supervisory/manager growth position.
- Analyze, design, develop, AND document programs and implements software tools and applications for various facets of the business
- Interact with various departments to help develop improvements in manual systems.
- Convert legacy Access database files and reports to .net or SSRS
- Assist users with data mining
- Learn, support & assist users with systems
- Executes miscellaneous programming. Consults with the requester regarding programming requirements, determines the feasibility of requests and suggests alternatives, additions and approaches in fulfilling user needs.
- Develops specifications and the logic required to implement specific programs.
- Tests and debugs programs to verify results and documents the program in compliance with corporate standards.
- Pursue continuous learning consistent with changes in technology, and use this to influence IS direction
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 3 years of programming experience with various languages and tool sets such as SQL server tools (SSMS, SSIS, SSRS), .net applications, VBA.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, or Math.
- Experience with Access, ASP/ASPX, C++/C#, Toad for Oracle
- Project management experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing or heavy industry environment.
- Experience with Relational database concepts
- Network experience a plus
- Automation, control systems and related disciplines knowledge desirable.
- Supervisory/leadership experience
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.