Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We are seeking highly self-motivated, customer focused, team oriented Sr. Project Application Engineer to work on our projects to create a consistency across all projects by utilizing processes that can be repeatable between projects.
The individual should have a comprehensive experience in architecting, constructing and integrating the software applications and networking systems for process automation.
The individual should have comprehensive project experience with the following areas of project engineering: proposal development, functional and detailed specifications, systems development, implementation, testing and commissioning. Duties and Responsibilities - Pre-Sales:
- Consult on system architecture/design
- Participate in pre-sale walk down as needed in absence of TSC
- Identify hardware, software and licensing requirements
- Support proposal team on hardware/software questions
- Prepare system configuration to propos for review committee
- Involved with competitive migration system design and review
- Estimate labor for tasks not included in GEET
- Third party device integration
- Competitive migration, hardware, software and execution plan(re-use existing HW enclosures)
- Provide input for custom enclosures
- Disaster recovery plan
- Base cyber security configuration
- Test bed/Cloud associated costs
- Review as sold system architecture and make corrections as necessary
- Review BOM – hardware and software
- Confirm software licensing is correct
- Create system interconnection diagram
- Provide support for upgrades
- Understand what files need to be transferred from original system if any
- Understand what files, scripts, programs on existing stations need to be updated to run on new system
- Review as sold competitive migration hardware and software with SME
- Develop detailed project execution plan for system engineer scope
- Provide input for project enclosure design as needed
- Create the project SysDef
- Define staging layout
- Coordinate system staging team activities
- Perform system software installation and configuration
- V90, Cyber Security, Auto System Backup Configuration, Setup and Configuration of Delivery Cloud, SCP Configuration, System Auditor, FDSI Installation and Connection to Device, Assistance with Installation and Testing of Intelligent I/O, Dynsim Integration
- Attend customer meetings and participate on system related discussions
- Develop system test plan and execute internal and customer testing (FAT)
- Participate in on-site testing/SAT and commissioning activities as required
- Support PM, LE, Field Service and customer on wide range of system related items as required
- Provide support of our local cloud and deployment of software upgrades as required
- Execute full scope projects as time permits
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience with Distributed Control Systems (Foxboro I/A preferred)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.