Manage (indirect) Distribution and Transmission & Substation professionals who manage the construction of centrally managed projects. Management of construction process to effectively meet scope of work, schedule of work and budget dollars. Implement Standards of Practice for Construction and Program Management and monitor quality of construction. Maintain an environment that promotes safety, diversity, and high productivity taking corrective actions as required.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Manage Project Construction, ensuring all work is performed to standard, within budget, on schedule, and by assessing risk to minimize adverse conditions affecting projects including challenging man-hour estimates and participating in job walk downs.
2. Manage the tasks being performed by internal and external construction resources to maximize productivity, safety, quality, diversity, and cost savings. Monitor performance and evaluate capabilities. Resolve engineering design, field barriers and delays to meet schedule.
3. Act as liaison between Project Management and work groups required to execute project schedule, control project scope, manage dollars, clearance orders and on-site materials management. Lead job site walk downs, meetings with engineering, construction and contract management personnel.
4. Monitor project safety and perform weekly safety audits, verify job briefings and safety tailgates. Assist on Root Cause Investigations (RCI), Apparent Case Evaluations (ACE) or operating incident reviews as requested. Review contractor quality assurance and verify compliance through audits, inspections or surveillances.
5. Complete all required Training. Participate in Staff and required Project Meetings.
* Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
1- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 - 8 years of Transmission and/or Distribution construction experience OR high school diploma and 9 - 12 years experience of related Transmission and/or Distribution construction.
2- Knowledge of Project Management concepts or principles
3- Strong knowledge of the company's and OSHA safety guidelines and regulations
4- Project Management experience.
5- Good written and oral communication skills.
6- Proven analytical experience.
7- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively, and foster culture change.
8- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value.
1- Experience administering large dollar project construction and maintenance.
2- Knowledge of PASSPORT
3- Previous supervisory experience
4- Knowledge of the Bargaining Unit Agreement(s) as it impacts construction of projects and the workforce.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers