Join us on our exciting journey!IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
Provide project financial support and direction on global and/or large multi region, multi service studies, ensuring project
financials are properly monitored and managed in pursuit of maximizing project profitability and cash flow. Support all project
finance related activities for assigned projects in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley, Company Policy and Procedures, US
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and financial practices.
• Act as a financial advisor to the Project Manager, and Global Unit Head. Assist in the preparation for the Monthly Project
Review, and proactively participate in meeting discussions to identify, communicate and address financial issues.
• Complete month-end close, providing variance global explanations to forecast.
• Conduct monthly review and analysis of assigned projects, including review of revenue recognition, project performance
variances, unbilled / unearned and cash positions. Monitor monthly compliance and exception reports to ensure timely
reporting of revenue and billing deliverables by Project Manager.
• Support monthly reporting requirements for assigned projects, including unsigned contract opportunities, backlog, and
other ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
• Review and approve work movements and changes, and final remaining revenue adjustment for assigned projects.
• Ensure project journal, write-offs, and financial adjustments are properly documented, reviewed and approved.
• Reconcile, and monitor Unbilled, Write-off activity, Over the Limit and Contract Activation exception reports and resolve
• Monitor project and customer activity against contract terms to ensure foreign exchange rate variances and discounts are
properly monitored and accounted for.
• Complete assigned Monthly and Quarterly Sarbanes Oxley reporting requirements.
• Ensure awareness of current Company policy and procedures and monitor project activity to ensure compliance.
• Partner with other Project Finance members to develop and implement process improvements.
• Train and mentor more junior staff.
• Will be assigned Global projects, mid to large sized customers, and associated responsibilities in support of career
progression planning initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of revenue recognition, variance analysis, unbilled/unearned and cash flow management, and backlog
• Knowledge of Peoplesoft Project.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Technical accounting skills.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Ability to identify financial issues and execute mitigating actions.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree with 5 years' accounting or project finance experience; or equivalent combination of education, training
• Extensive use of telephone and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech.
• Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers.
• Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.
A little about us:
IQVIA™ has approximately 55,000 employees in more than 100 countries, all committed to making the potential of Human Data Science a reality, and we are actively hiring.