Are you passionate about using technology to solve some of the toughest problems facing the largest companies and government agencies around the world? Do you value the deployment of solutions into production with real world impact? Are you obsessive about the quality and consistency of the work you do in leading teams to deliver value and meeting the mission of our customers?
If so, the Project Manager position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
Part leader, part mentor, and part consultant, our team of Project Managers comprises an unusual mix of project management and consulting skills, along with a passion for technology. We are responsible for keeping the project team working on the highest priority tasks, removing risks and impediments, and leading the communication with the end customer. As a trusted advisor to our customers, you will be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching, and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project.
The Project Manager’s primary responsibilities include:
• Leading one or more teams at a time to successfully deliver on customer solutions
• Ensuring adherence to cost, schedule, and scope constraints by tracking budget and forecasts utilizing a formal Statement of Work (SOW)
• Working with the customer to manage the scope of an engagement and make adjustments throughout the course of the engagement
• Advocating adherence to industry standard processes
• Providing actionable coaching feedback to team members to foster continuous improvement in the spirit of a growth mindset
• Travel to customer sites may be required
Relevant Characteristics and Experience for this Project Manager Role:
• 7-10+ years of Project/Program management work experience
• PMP certification with real-world Project Management experience, additional certifications are an advantage.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in leading teams (when you lead, do people follow?)
• Passion for leading-edge tools and technologies
• Excellent oral and written communication including strong executive presence at the CXO level
• Broad understanding and experience with the Microsoft platform or equivalent
• Ability to identify risks before they occur and to develop mitigation and avoidance strategies
• Consulting experience preferred, but not required
• Demonstrated self-learner
Overnight travel may be required on occasion. Primary workplace will be onsite at the customer's location Washington DC area. Travel requirements may vary and could be as much as 15%.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Join us as a Project Manager and be one who empowers billions!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.