Sr. Project Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 38711
Supports the Project Darwin Business Lead through ownership and accountability for the delivery of the Project Darwin (Treasury and Risk Management system implementation) and ensuing compliance with Company standards, policies and procedures.
The position requires asking key questions that help the team discover their needs, building trust by communicating effectively with all stakeholders and the vendor about status and issues, setting appropriate expectations and managing them throughout the project life cycle. This includes managing the impact of transformational change across the Corporate Treasury, Treasury Accounting and GFO organizations associated with Project Darwin / Reval system project activities. Ensures the integration of work activities that impact multiple stakeholders.
Function Related Activities / Key Responsibilities:
• Leads the design, testing, planning and implementation of this complex, multi-year project which affects many users in multiple geographies.
• Leads planning and implementation for the project
• Facilitates the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables
• Develops full scale project plans, schedule, timeline and milestones
• Responsible for annual budget, tracking expenditures vs budget, analyzes variances, initiates corrective actions.
• Continually monitor progress of the project. Takes corrective action as necessary.
• Reviews and ensures that weekly status calls, reports, project plans and issue lists are updated and communicated to all stakeholders.
• Presents reports defining project progress, obstacles and recommended solutions.
• Ensures open communication across project team, sponsors and steering committee.
• Ensures project governance routines are followed.
• Ensures adherence to Contract and Statement of Work and follows change management process to manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
• Manages the vendor relationship during the implementation
• Liaises with software vendor on project deliverables and status.
• Liaises with internal IT organization on project deliverables and status.
• Supports integration activities with other project teams as needed.
• Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
• Participates in global change and communication network to share best practices, leverage tools and learning.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Computer Science or equivalent work experience. PMP or CTP certification preferred.
Related Work Experience: At least 10 years, at least 5 of which should be in a project management capability. A background and understanding of treasury management particularly, cash management, liquidity forecasting, payments, derivatives valuation, risk management, and financial instruments accounting is ideal.
• DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
• COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
• ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
• INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
• DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
• Knowledge of Corporate Treasury, Treasury Accounting and GFO organizations and processes
• Financial policies and procedures
• Decision making
• Analytical skills, particularly with business processes and resource management
• Superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions, resolve conflicts, and create lasting, productive partnerships
• Awareness of team dynamics, team building and group motivation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Project
• Project management
• Forecasting: Knowledge of and ability to make projections into the future (workplan activities, testing requirements, team capacity, etc.) and use these projections to help plan future project execution.
• Consumer Focus: Demonstrating understanding of how one's actions and/or work impact the end user's ability to utilize the system being built.
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of U.S. and local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top