Top Skills Previous Network Release management in enterprise environment Experience managing internal resources and 3rd party vendors Thorough knowledge of Network tools and hardware components
*Must have excellent communication/coordination skills and be a "Driver" with proven track record overcoming challenges to meet strict project deadlines. Position Open: Network Release Project Manager - Contractor Description:
The Senior Technical Lead (STL) - Network Release Manager is the recognized expert for the Network Services, Solution Delivery project release standards, consulting, cost management and project release planning in the delivery of networking technology project releases for BMOFG.
The STL determines business and operational project requirements of a complex nature, provides recommendations and direction on technology opportunities including/through: feasibility options and functionality analysis.
The STL leads the NS team in cost effective superior quality technology framework designs highlighting strategic direction, security governance, disaster recovery, and business continuity. The STL provides leadership and guidance to other staff members in understanding client's business, business drivers, and technology priorities.
The STL will provide project support to other COEs and project release co-ordination from a Solution Delivery Dept. perspectiveContractor project(s) focus.
- Upgrading and replacing switches, routers, firewalls, PBX TDM and VOIP) - in U.S. and International Locations DescriptionA Network Release Project Manager (RM) contractor is a specialist, recognized expert for Network / IT Service & Technical Operations team in the U.S. and International locations providing bank standard Solution Delivery project release coordination and facilitation, consulting, cost management, and project release planning in the delivery of networking technology changes and project releases for BMOFG. The Network Release Manager (RM) contractor determines business and operational project requirements of a complex nature, provides recommendations and direction on technology opportunities including/through: feasibility options and functionality analysis. The RM leads the NetOps team in cost effective superior quality technology framework designs highlighting strategic direction, security governance, disaster recovery, and business continuity.The RM provides leadership and guidance to other NetOps staff members in understanding client's business, business drivers, and technology priorities. The RM will provide project support to other COEs and project release coordination from a Network Solution Delivery perspective.Job Mandate
- Key Activities:
- Overview: Manage & Coordinate the release of changes into production through a standard procedure designed to minimize risk to existing services.
- Create release plans and coordinate contents of the release package
- Create roll-back and recovery plans
- Create release packages and prepare for deployment
- Evaluate and communicate any expected impact to service levels due to release
- Manage & Coordinate promotion/release into production
- Communicate release success (or reasons for rollback)
- Evaluate release management performance based on established criteria (e.g., elapsed time, level of automation, percentage of successful on-time releases, etc.)
- Manage & Coordinate 'go/no-go' release decision making
- Facilitate, request, raise, and record change requests
- Manage/Coordinate other NS team members and/or 3rd party vendors for releases
- Manage/Coordinate to the Project Assessment, timelines, the budget, quote execution, and change order requests
- Participation & Development of Project Plan
- Track NS financials through the life cycle of the projectU.S. International Network Release Manager's Coordination and Facilitation Project Examples:
- Upgrading and replacing switches, routers, firewalls, PBX TDM and VOIP) - in U.S. and International Locations
- Network Capacity Bandwidth Upgrades (ongoing)
- Information Security Monitoring Program: Wave 1-5 ~ 1900 End Point migration to Splunk-LaaS and Decommission ArcSight),
- Wealth Management WiFi turnups 20+ locations, and Voice Mail Customized Zero Out projects
- Capital Markets Trading Room Expansion in US and Overseas (Europe/Asia)
- Merger/Acquisitions - Implement BMO Network Standards - Data, Voice, and Wi-Fi services at BMO Harris Bank and Affiliate locations
- Corporate Real Estate Projects - Relocations, Openings, Closings/Decommissioning
- And other Line of Business Sponsored Projects for U.S. and International locationsThe selected candidate will interact with the bank lines of business, SME, COEs, LOBs, vendors, carriers, and internal NetOps staff for all assigned projects in order to meet objectives. Work hours will vary. Most changes in the bank environment are performed during specified change windows at night and over the weekend.Qualifications
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent
- Key products and services, processes and controls for the designated business
- 7-10 years of demonstrated Network Release Project Management experience delivering fault tolerant data and voice network infrastructure solutions - Hardware, Software, Services, and Support.
- Project Management Professional Certification is desired (but not required).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required.The contractor must possess the ability to work independently, be highly organized, team-oriented, project prioritization a must; assigning and tracking tasks to resources, creating release packages, facilitate team meetings, identify "as-risk" items - mitigating risk prior to release, updating projects status, key milestones, drive target timelines, line of business testing coordination post change, go live support & transition, financial budget versus actual on all funded projects; and effectively direct or influence others and ensure that significant design issues and compliance challenges are resolved by engineering, deploy, SMEs, Vendor/Partners in a timely manner. Working Knowledge, Skills, Experience - an understanding of the following is required:- Upgrading code and/or configuring 2960, 3650, 3750, 3800, 3900, 6500 or similar model switches. - Upgrading Junos OS code and/or configuring SRX 300, 650, 1400 or current models- Carrier / Telco WAN technologies / MPLS, VPN, Point-to-Point, SONET, OC3, DS3, T1, PRI, POTS (experience is required)- ITIL standards as they relate to incident/problem/change management concepts are desired. - Must have good working knowledge of Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint, Skype, and Network Tools.
- - Weekly timesheet/progress reports, and timely escalations to management
- - Understanding of Network Tools (SPACE, STRM, Tufin, Lotus Notes (WorkTrack), Remedy, etc.) and
- - Knowledge familiarity with BGP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, L3-7 switching, HSRP, VoIP and Multicast
- - Upgrading code and/or configuring 1800, 2800, 3800, and ASR1000, ASR1002 or similar model routers.
- - Cisco routers, Cisco switches, and Juniper Firewalls;
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.