What you’ll be doing...
The focus of the Senior Project Manager for Professional Servicesis to plan and manage the successful implementation of Verizon Telematics’ SaaS offerings. This includes planning and successfully managing a portfolio of projects in accordance with our best practices methodology to ensure our valued customers’ business objectives are met. In this role you will work closely with various internal functional groups including Sales, Product Management, Support and Training, as well as across all levels within a customer organization.
- Effectively plan, prioritize and manage work and clearly set and communicate key priorities / expectations.
- Demonstrate strong customer relationship skills to professionally manage and support both internal and external customer relationships.
- Ability to quickly assess and understand customer's business and technical environment.
- Ability to present business and/or technical concepts and solutions so that they are clearly understood and any related tradeoffs and impacts are clear to all parties.
- Manage all aspects of project delivery, including resources and financial management.
- Estimate level of effort of tasks to ensure proper planning and resourcing of projects.
- Effectively manage project scope, cost, schedule and deliverables in a timely and professional manner.
- Effective communication of project status, issues, and risks through written documentation of project status as well as facilitation of a weekly status meeting with customer.
- Anticipate and effectively manage / mitigate project issues and risks.
- Communicate and influence effectively in situations of conflict.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with all project work delivered.
What we’re looking for...
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a Professional Services environment, and 7 years in a Project Management or related capacity.
- PM certification preferred and a SaaS background desirable.
- Strong track record in driving projects to a successful conclusion (customer satisfaction, scope, on-time, budget, financial).
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- An ability to inspire, energize and motivate teams across all service functions; able to quickly build relationships and positively influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound business acumen; ability to drive and lead teams to next level; ability to embrace and lead change.
- Strong technical acumen required; technical knowledge of telematics solutions a plus.
- Effective communication at an executive management level through outstanding interpersonal, written and presentation skills, both in virtual as well as face to face communications.
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
- Comfortable operating in a matrixed, as well as team environment.
- Open to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.