Melville 2 (22068), United States of America, Melville, New York
Sr Project Review Processor (Condo/Co-Op)
A great opportunity exists for an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team as a Sr. Project Review Processor. The associate will be part of a dynamic team who ensures that Condominium and Co-Op projects are processed and underwritten accurately and in a timely manner while remaining in compliance with Capital One and secondary market requirements.
- Meets individual performance metrics such as turnaround time and quality.
- Perform workflow coordination, initial file set up, and other related support work.
- Communicate with internal associates and outside third parties to gather documentation required to complete the project review.
- Process incoming customer, vendor or third party documents as outlined in departmental procedures and as directed by team/department leadership.
- Provides appropriate documentation to applicants, vendors and other third parties at appropriate times throughout the process.
- Maintain a project database that includes approved/denied decisions (including Capital One's concentration) of each Condominium or Co-Op project.
- Assist in training of both new and experienced loan staff (underwriters, processors, loan officers, quality assurance staff, etc.) in project eligibility requirements.
- Develop recommendations for policy and process improvements.
- Refers more complex or out of policy issues accordingly to senior associate and team/department leadership.
- Participate in various department projects and cross-trains for additional responsibilities as needed.
- May also be required to travel out of state to other corporate locations as business needs dictate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical ability, strong problem solving skills
- High school diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year of Condominium Project review experience
- At least 1 year of experience processing mortgage documents
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years of Condominium Project review experience
- 2 years of experience processing mortgage documents
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.